Analysis Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cainozz

Club Legend
Feb 6, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It all comes down to this;

Is Masten 2015 better than Masten 2018?
394624-tlslargeportrait.jpg
Chris+Masten+AFL+Rd+3+West+Coast+v+Geelong+SkkwLRQUUxSl.jpg

2015 Man-bun hipster Masto?

OR

2018 skinny 'circa 2008' white boot looking Masto?

That is the question...

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Well surely it'd have to be, if this team is getting deep in finals (if). To be fair it's not hard to bat deeper than that team.

Is our backline better? This may be the best defence WC has ever had IMO.

There is no way in hell this is the best defence we've ever had. Any defence that had Jakovich, Mckenna, Worsfold and Mcintosh in it lines up with the greatest ever defences assembled.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
If I had to pinpoint one stat that explains our improvement this year – and why we might be better than in 2015 – it is the more even spread of contested possession numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty sure West Coast 2015 are the only team in history to beat all 17 teams in a year. We were pretty good. Long way yet to go this season
I think we're playing better, due to a healthier spread of contested ball.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I think with a mostly fit squad to pick from,we are potentially a better team than 2015. The addition of Waterman, Rioli, Ryan (before his injury) and Venables make us a much pacier, unpredictable and dangerous side. We have had some big injury set backs of course, with Sheed and Shuey, Ryan and Venables (we were flying before those two boys went down). I also think Natanui's ridiculous suspension derailed the momentum he had. Now of course we have the untimely injuries to Darling, Kennedy, Barrass and Le Cras.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
We’ve probably played at 2015 level for one game this year against Richmond. That seems a long time ago now.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Even though we beat every team in 2015 the draw completely flattered us. This season we have had a batch of pretty tough games in a row where we have either won or come close to winning. Its just been unfortunate that over the last few weeks when the pressure has been on the team has reverted back to 2016-17 levels of putrid. I still think this team is better than 2015. I think the reality is now though that we aren't good enough to make it to the GF this season given the evenness of the comp but hopefully in the next few seasons while we still have JK, NN and a few other keys players we can pinch one.

Back