Are we done or do we have more left in the tank?

Are we done or do we have more left in the tank?

• Sadly, we're done!

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • We have a small chance next year...

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • We have one more left in us!

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Our core is still young and we could stage a couple in the next two years

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • We have rebuilt and have multiple flags ahead. Have faith!

Votes: 30 39.0%

• Total voters

tropicaltiger

🏆2017 🏆2019 🏆2020
Jan 4, 2002
cairns
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Snakes
UZc66g.gif
Yep thats them, 4 future leaders that will lead us to the promised land again......L-R....Gibcus in blue, Jaydon Short, Baker thrusting and Sonsie with the window seat.

Geelong fans and the footballing public would've thought they were done at the end of 2021 with many failed prelim exits and an extremely aging list.

Can't rule anything out and we're given ourselves a shot with Taranto and Hopper but we still need a LOT to go right to snare another flag.
geelol get blown by the umps though

we're the complete opposite

and they also had shocking change the rules for them

After Dusty wins his 4th Norm Smith they will erect his statue pointing a don't argue towards Swan St at the entrance of the redeveloped Swinburne Centre.

I'm thinking more like the Colossus of Rhodes, straddling Punt Road and we can walk inside his head like the statue of liberty.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
2022 our only real weakness was the midfield. So, my favourite analogy, we have a great racing car, but the engine sucks. Fix the engine and you will win a lot of races.

If we can get a good KPF in the next few years then we can have a good run of contending - 5+ years. Win 2 or 3 and all is good with the world.

If all goes right we win next year and keep on rolling. Which would destroy the media 'experts', most oppo supporters and just simply be awesome. But a lot has to go right - however it's all conceivable that we will get it right.
Done it once before.
Can't see why we can't again.
Started last year with 5 picks top 30.
Added cream this year with TT & Hopp.
Back in 2013 our side was based around:Cotch/Dusty/Jack & Rance(With a great support crew of Shedda/Houli/Lambert/Grimes)
23 & beyond(Dusty & Lynch 2yrs)/Bolton/Balta/TT & Hopper(Support crew Baker/Nank/Short/Vlas & Broad).

Done it once before.
Can't see why we can't again.
Started last year with 5 picks top 30.
Added cream this year with TT & Hopp.
Back in 2013 our side was based around:Cotch/Dusty/Jack & Rance(With a great support crew of Shedda/Houli/Lambert/Grimes)
23 & beyond(Dusty & Lynch 2yrs)/Bolton/Balta/TT & Hopper(Support crew Baker/Nank/Short/Vlas & Broad).

Look I reckon that we are red hot to win in 2023. 2022 our only real weakness was losing control of the ball at contests. When that happened we got beat. With the 2 new guys that should not happen. After that we were probably pretty much the best team in it. Which, like I said, is that we had the best race car, except the engine kept blowing up. So didn't win much.

Going forward we have one obvious hole, KPF. That can be filled, and I reckon we are working hard on it.

After that it is rebuild on the run time.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah we're done

agree, we are done.

It is not just about us, it is about opposition lists, change of rules etc...

Strategically it is too hard for our current list at this time against other younger players. It is not Geelong it is the other teams. If we get a headstart before Geelong falls and others great!!

If we are smart, think are Adelaide after 2017, trade Nank and Lynch to GWS and still pay them for top picks.

Trade Bolton for top picks. Balta is free agent in two years.

We could get at least six or more top ten picks in the next 4 years if not more, with our existing youngsters and in 5 to 6 years charge out of it with Hopper and Taranto getting a real chance of premierships with other lists in other teams coming off the boil

The point being once we get a heap of quality young talent, and show sprouts with plenty of cap space then we can get cherry pick trades like Adelaide and the rise up can be more rapid if the youth talent is real. It could happen earlier.

By straw hats in winter, do not be afraid of a rebuild like Carlton and Geelong. Our supporters seem satisfied for a few years.

Long term RFC supporters know the deal, we do not want another 30 year trough or finishing nineth year after year and ignore the draft

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Geelong fans and the footballing public would've thought they were done at the end of 2021 with many failed prelim exits and an extremely aging list.

Can't rule anything out and we're given ourselves a shot with Taranto and Hopper but we still need a LOT to go right to snare another flag.

Yeah but don’t forget those cheats from Krapdinia park had direct assistance from headquarters with Shocking and the other unhinged twin .

GO CATTERS…. GO AND GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah but don’t forget those cheats from Krapdinia park had direct assistance from headquarters with Shocking and the other unhinged twin .

GO CATTERS…. GO AND GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No one won the premiership in 2022. After the Bowes trade AFL HQ is proven to be a circus

Back