Are we flat track bullies?

Remove this Banner Ad

'Flat-track bullies' is such a stupid concept, IMO.

I mean...shock, horror; a team finds it easier to win against the lower teams than those of a similar ability level or one slightly above their own.

And we've beaten Hawthorn pretty regularly over the past few years anyway. Bring on Collingwood at home too.

'Flat-track bullies' is such a stupid concept, IMO.

I mean...shock, horror; a team finds it easier to win against the lower teams than those of a similar ability level or one slightly above their own.

And we've beaten Hawthorn pretty regularly over the past few years anyway. Bring on Collingwood at home too.

I think the term refers to how much you beat up on those teams below you. The Bulldogs were seen as this for so long because they couldn't beat the better teams but could blow a game out to 10 goals against the lesser teams in a blink of an eye. You don't just beat the lesser teams you appear awesome doing it and then when pressure is applied to your game from a better team it goes to water.

Overall we beat Hawthorn, but as it stands we have lost to Collingwood, Sydney, Adelaide & Essendon. We are 1/5 in big games this year; how much of that is the injury/suspensions and how much is the possibility that we are flat track bullies?

Prior to last week I would have been annoyed, given that the term flat track bully is such a stupid one. As Thorne said, all it means is that we lose to teams we're expected to lose to.

HOWEVER, we can't deny that we do tend to butcher crap teams and get butchered by teams a similar level to us. The rest of the season should make things clearer as we have a tough run home.

I'd be concerned that we were flat track bullies if we were losing to other top teams with anything near a full strength team.

we've had injuries for * sake. and suspensions. if that makes us flat track bullies so be it.

but the next 6 weeks will hopefully show these incompetent *s known as journos where we belong. want to know which club is a flat track bully club? look at carlton, north or even our foes down the stirling highway.

shits me to tears that particular phrase especially our squad. we have a powerful team and came within a kick against collingwood. had shuey and hill been available against adelaide and sydney i believe the results wouldve been very different

A big part of this is the addition of the extra teams. Realistically there are 4 terrible teams this year, GC and GCS obviously, WB who are rebuilding and Melbourne who are flat out beyond a joke. Should be concerned if cant belt teams like this,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we dont really beat the really good teams, so maybe. its up to us to prove thats not so.

We are, and we were before our last flag too. Who cares? Surely you people have noticed that even in our wins this year we haven't been that convincing. Our intensity has been down (except in the Collingwood game and some others) and it's been our defensive set ups that have mostly been killing the lesser sides. This inflates our perceptions of awesomeness...until we come across a side that counters our press.

IMO we won't shake the title until we really sort out our stoppages and start to capitalise on NN's dominance in the ruck. Priddis and Scooter are not reading or handling his taps as well as the opposition on many occasions - even on the weekend. When our half back line is well-held we suffer if we give up too many clearances.

Also need to revive the ferocious fwd pressure we had last year and sticking more tackles in general. Tackling against Syd/Ade was pox.

I think a big improvement in a couple of youngsters over the preseason (Shep, Newman or McInnes maybe?) And the return of LeCras will be a huge boost. Let's not get too precious til then.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/no-magic-pill-for-windy-hill-woes/tabid/91/newsid/92142/default.aspx

"The Eagles might be flat-track bullies"

"the winged Eagles currently have the top-line talent but not the depth required to beat Hawthorn, Collingwood and the Swans on a regular basis."
Have been thinking this for some time now. All our results (with the possible exception of the pies game) point too it. However I believe with the return next year of the class in our forward line we will be top two.

I hate reading all this, "we'll be right next year" crap.

Who knows what may happen next year? We could easily suffer worse injuries (Touchwood). This year could end up being as good a chance to win the flag as we get this decade, so we have to gear everything towards that.

I hate reading all this, "we'll be right next year" crap.

Who knows what may happen next year? We could easily suffer worse injuries (Touchwood). This year could end up being as good a chance to win the flag as we get this decade, so we have to gear everything towards that.
Whilst i agree it would be good for our team to put in 100% effort in every match in every season, we can't control what goes on in the minds of our players. As for what we can do as non-players; well we can either have hissy fits over not winning the flag, or we can remain positive about the future.

Are we flat track bullies?
Not at this stage.

We got pantsed by Essendon (top 4 at that stage) away from home with Kennedy, Le Cras, Nicoski, Embley, and also NicNat out. NicNat was a huge loss that game.

We got pantsed by Sydney with Kennedy, Le Cras, Nicoski, Embley, and also Shuey, Lynch, Hill, Hams, and maybe even Waters out.

Adelaide was similar.

We lost to Collingwood who were flag favourites by 3 points at the MCG.

There's nothing to date to say we are flat track bullies. Too many injuries and lack of stability have hurt us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back