Rumour Are we going to lose Brett Ratten?

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Saints supporter he was far from a great coach - give a coach a team of very good players even Bolton would of won a flag
I don’t buy this at all.. it’s like golf. You can fluke a good hole, but ultimately the round will expose you.

Even the greatest teams need good coaches. You can get a lot of wins and make finals,
But if you’re not coached well and all the stars align, you won’t win flags.

Blight is a nutter and forget he ever came to us. He was a great coach though. What the Crows did those two years and the tactics and game day coaching he did was nothing short of remarkable. Ask Shane Ellen.

He peaked the side to absolute perfection. Doing it without his star full forward both years. Crows had a very good side, not superstar side. They were coached to the absolute best of their ability.

I don’t buy this at all.. it’s like golf. You can fluke a good hole, but ultimately the round will expose you.

Even the greatest teams need good coaches. You can get a lot of wins and make finals,

Blight is a nutter and forget he ever came to us. He was a great coach though. What the Crows did those two years and the tactics and game day coaching he did was nothing short of remarkable. Ask Shane Ellen.

He peaked the side to absolute perfection. Doing it without his star full forward both years. Crows had a very good side, not superstar side. They were coached to the absolute best of their ability.
And he was an experienced coach who came back and won flags at his second team.

Yikes. Lots of room for improvement here. I’d recommend they speak to one of the senior guys at my company who does this for NFL teams if we were going to go down that path. Surely professionalising the selection process would add value.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Send details to Lethlean.

Trying to find a witty reply to this, but everything is pointing to a pedo response…

So I'll let this slide.

We have gay friends, I didn't understand what a "bear" was until they told me. Now when Mikka says a bear comes and eats you in your bed a little shiver of fear runs through me. Whole different connotation. Not great after you've just been compared to Goldilocks.

We have gay friends, I didn't understand what a "bear" was until they told me. Now when Mikka says a bear comes and eats you in your bed a little shiver of fear runs through me. Whole different connotation. Not great after you've just been compared to Goldilocks.
Shuttup and just put the costume on gringo… what happens on a boys night, stays on a boys night yeah?

Anyone for another midori and rohypnol shaker?

womens-goldilocks-costume.jpg

Shuttup and just put the costume on gringo… what happens on a boys night, stays on a boys night yeah?

Anyone for another midori and rohypnol shaker?

womens-goldilocks-costume.jpg
On fire Kernel! lol
Ahhh Rohypnol that takes me back!

Knew there was something lacking in my whiskey lately!

should we offer rossy a five year deal? I'll say it, I'd be over the moon to have ross back, if just for his press conferences. I have no interest in freo and barely watch their games, but if I see a rossy press conference it has my undivided attention

Forum sycophant? Why, because I take a measured view of events?

Yeah sorry if I dont fit in with all the drama queens on here.

Go eat your porridge and have a lie down.

Just pick up your toys before you go to bed. There's a good lad.

nah you just loose your proverbial over what people write online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting position with now 2 senior coach positions open and soon to be a third.

Ratts is in the box seat for Saints if he wants it imo.

Carlton will pull hard at him but if I was him I'd remember they sacked me with a greater than 50% win rate and tell em to get stuffed.

North likely to lose some players with the change but would have to start from scratch there.

Reckon Ratts stays at Saints and we all know Richo won't go beyond end of this year.

Not true Mikka , went out one day and tore the course to pieces , i owned it . Never been near that level since , its called everything fell into play for one day , a bit like Shane Ellen ;)

Success is a flag mate

Out of all the possible scenarios, Richo staying is the option you'd pick?.. Really?

As for the question at hand, I'm hoping they've already got some sort of agreement with Ratten.
Well unlike some who magically think ratten will get us a flag well I think no one coach will get us a flag with the current list. I don’t get the messiah ratten stuff. Still rather Scott if richo goes.

Well unlike some who magically think ratten will get us a flag well I think no one coach will get us a flag with the current list. I don’t get the messiah ratten stuff. Still rather Scott if richo goes.

You obviously seem to think the time Ratten spent under Clarkson counts for nought.

I have a different take on it.

As i said before, the last 6 flags have been won by either Clarkson, who coaches who have trained under him. That's certainly no guarantee, but it's not irrelevant.

I've thought for years Ratts deserves another crack. Not going to lie, from what i've seen, i like the bloke. I don't think he was a bad coach last time, but then to have been at the hawks through that success... it makes him a much more attractive proposition.

Sign him up, and let's get on with it.

You obviously seem to think the time Ratten spent under Clarkson counts for nought.

I have a different take on it.

As i said before, the last 6 flags have been won by either Clarkson, who coaches who have trained under him. That's certainly no guarantee, but it's not irrelevant.

I've thought for years Ratts deserves another crack. Not going to lie, from what i've seen, i like the bloke. I don't think he was a bad coach last time, but then to have been at the hawks through that success... it makes him a much more attractive proposition.

Sign him up, and let's get on with it.
I know he spent time with clarko but there have been failures and success with people who have spent time with him. You can have rats I will have Scott if richo goes.

Success is a flag mate

Out of all the possible scenarios, Richo staying is the option you'd pick?.. Really?

As for the question at hand, I'm hoping they've already got some sort of agreement with Ratten.
Highly likely when we got him to the club.
Maybe even an MOU signed along those lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back