Rumour Are we going to lose Brett Ratten?

Remove this Banner Ad

Patty_vanda

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
As North ramps up there search for their next coach,

We’ve seen John Longmire, Adam Simpson & Clarko all state their intentions in committing to their current clubs.

So the question is

Are we going to lose Brett Ratten to North?

His currently sitting second favourite behind horse on sports bet @ $6.00.

I myself will be royally pissed if we lose him in the first season.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

If Ratten leaves it would be devastating , he has transformed this club along with Lade - there friendship with Richardson has caused a environment that has not been seen at the club for many a year.
They have created the team to bond and it's amazing how they have put together the team to compete with the best (not have no big named stars), we get a few key pieces back and who knows how far we can go.

Also our players and other team's players would be taking notice of the atmosphere at the club and it could sway a couple top line recruits next year.
Just think how toxic it would be at the Crows , Blues , Bombers , Demons , Roo's , Sydney it would be horrible.
It would not surprise me if we nab a couple players that are unhappy at one of these sides.

Pretty sure Hannebery would be telling Jones , Parker and co how good things are at Moorabbin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve got some very good young players & their older brigade of Cunnington, Ziebel & Higgins ain’t no joke.

So far this performance is looking like a poor reflection on Scott...

Scott is of the old school. Likes attacking footy on his own terms. Like his brother but with less talent to make it work. North played too loose with Scott and seemed to be obvious with what they were doing.

I disliked him as a player ( probably just a Carlton thing) but after he retired i warmed to his personality as a senior and assistant coach when i saw him in interviews . Seems like a top bloke.
Then of course he went through the heartbreak of losing a child. Every parents worse nightmare .
So if Norf offer him the top job and if he is ready to be back in the spotlight again then id be happy for the bloke . After what he went through i wouldnt begrudge him anything good.
But in saying that id also be happy if he coached us.
Either way id be happy for Ratts.

It seems people are happy to get rats with basically no interview. Firstly I hope richo stays because it means success but if he doesn’t I would hope we chase the best coaches possible. This messiah thing about Ratten all seems a bit weird. I reckon Scott has a better record for a start. Not once did he have a top 6 list imo but managed 2 prelims. His record is likely to be better than anyone else available. I would certainly have him ahead of ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Back