Are we happy with the draw?

Remove this Banner Ad

no real complaints Masey

Happy about the Kangaroos playing us in their Home game at the SCG (suckers for punishment huh ?)

Also really happy about our 'double-ups' this year. Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Carlton, St Kilda, Kangaroos and Richmond.

These are all clubs that we either have a traditional rivalry with, or would like to have a traditional rivalry with, so I'm pretty happy we meet all these guys twice in the season.

Happy about the Saturday night games - I like Saturday night games, and the earlier start time of 7.10pm should encourage more families to come and watch too.

Less happy about the early starts on Sunday afternoons - 2.10 pm is better than 1.10 I think.

The only thing I'm really unhappy about is the lack of MCG fixtures - only 2 this season.

Couldn't we at least have played Collingwood at the G instead of Colonial ? This game drew 42,000 last season - we could get over 50,000 if it was on at the G :confused:

pity

I'm pretty happy with our draw

I'm looking forward to the added excitement of seeing the Swans play blockbusters against Essendon, Carlton, and Richmond (in Round 22, could be a very important match finals wise) at Stadium Australia.

The Pre-season Cup isn't all that big a deal for myself but it's good to see that we'll finally have a match in Sydney at Stadium Australia against Collingwood in it, and that we'll be playing the Roos @ Manuka in one of the other matches.

Not too unhappy with the draw. I've said before I prefer Sunday matches and I don't like the 1:00 start, but hey! I'll put up with it.

The first 3 matches are important for us, Brisbane then Carlton and Adelaide away, could be an ugly start to the year.

yes i think the draw is pretty good
i dont know where the rest of u guys live
but i live in melbourne and im quite happy that there is 6 games i can go an see
2 games at the MCG is not too bad
i mean i think it was the same number as last year from memory and i think one interstate team it may be from adelaide not sure who though gets no games at the G whatsoever!
but yes that collingwood v sydney game should be at the G cause it was packed last time and would get over 50000 for sure if at the G
i must admit i am a bit worried about the start of the year three really tough matches, but hey if we are going to be genuine we will have to come away at least 1w 2l or 2w 1l
the thing i am most happy bout is that fact that foxtel are going to show all the games replyed during the week so i will not miss out one Sydney game! like last year when the team was playing in Sydney or perth or brissy sometimes there was no tv or radio coverage at all for the melbourne sydney supporter! but all that is going to change

Its one the hardest first 3 games that we've had for a very long time.

All 3 games will be huge assignments, but if we can do the job well think of the momentum we could generate early in the season if manage to knock off all 3 teams.

These first 3 games could vey well set the toine for us for the rest of the season. Win all three and we could go on to kick major butt - lose all 3 and we may never recover.

The worst possible scenario would be to play really well in all 3 games but lose all three by narrow margins - ouch that would really hurt !

cheers

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Sydney with a good draw.....gee thats suprising :rolleyes:

We have had some shocking draws in the past few years, so that is crap.

For years and years, we couldn't have our first game at home.

We have had to travel heaps aswell.

9 interstate trips, I dont see the Vic clubs making this kind of travel.

Stop Complaining.

What about Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood and the blockbusters? Why arent you on their board complaining, they get more out that then we do :rolleyes:

3 tough games in first 3 weeks?
I think it will be ok for the Swans.
Brisbane: yes, tough
Carlton: without SOS, Kouta and will be getting used to McKernan?
Adelaide: beat them in Adelaide last season no Jarman.

Predicting 2W 1L

Ah, ok POTENTIALLY, Mr/Ms roowatch. Our team is notoriously flaky, managing to fluke a win in difficult circumstances, and lose the unloseable. I'm sure we'll be losing plenty of hair at the SCG this coming season, just like any other.

Though I am sure there's nothing there we can't handle if the side plays to its best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back