Are we happy?

Are you happy about the AFC?

• Yes - deliriously happy, feeling great, going ok, ok alright fine

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No - utterly hopeless, really mad, bit pissed off, [vague grumbling]

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's interesting. If you'd told me before the season we were 8W 8L, and had beaten Port & Brisbane I would've said I was very happy and the season so far has been a success
Yet I'm p*ssed off at the fade outs, games we should have won and away record. Plus picking blokes that don't deserve it.
I reckon most would be the same.

I think I'm happy. Obviously I want to see the good performances every week, but we are on the way up and our age profile is still on the low side. At the moment I'm happy that we look to be on target to legitimately challenge in 2-3 years.

not without a top few midfield group and we're bottom 2 or 3 in that area and it doesn't look like changing.

There's a lot of expectation creep with club performance. 8-8 with a good percentage and a few wins against finals sides is better than all but the most optimistic fans would have expected at the start of the season, so there's plenty to be happy about. If we can make it to 12-13 wins this year and make finals that's a huge success. Missing finals would be disappointing, but in the context of the rebuild isn't a huge deal.

Broadly I can't see too much to be unhappy about. Young group is developing well, main concern for me is that we've had a very good run with injuries and if that changes next year I can see some potential regression happening.

There's a lot of expectation creep with club performance. 8-8 with a good percentage and a few wins against finals sides is better than all but the most optimistic fans would have expected at the start of the season, so there's plenty to be happy about. If we can make it to 12-13 wins this year and make finals that's a huge success. Missing finals would be disappointing, but in the context of the rebuild isn't a huge deal.

Broadly I can't see too much to be unhappy about. Young group is developing well, main concern for me is that we've had a very good run with injuries and if that changes next year I can see some potential regression happening.
I would be fascinated to hear your views in regards to the progress we have made rebuilding our midfield.

Not happy Jan

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back