Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, 18 clubs may include 1 in Tasmania or the NT and a few less in Melbourne.

While I would welcome it openly, I dont see an NT team happening without a massive population boom, Tas has almost double the population and it isn’t getting one soon

That's what I was thinking. Are Carlton really in that much financial strife? I can't imagine what they'll do next year.
Oh yes the bluebloods A bloated, lazy and self indulged outfit you've never seen. Kept solvent with the grubby proceeds of gambling and still desperately hanging onto the fading memories.of a time long gone. Unlike them, we were forged in the fires of minority persecution and we've always lived with the arse out of our pants. We've smiled in the face of death more times than I can care to remember but what it has done is build a character and resilience that they could never know. So what does all this mean? It means that if a less than glorious fate awaits this magnificent club of ours, rest assured we won't be the only ones carried out.

We're all paranoid for obvious reasons, but this really isn't the time to move teams away from Melbourne to cities that barely prosper during periods of economic growth.
But could it provide the opportunity to extend or embed a co-location model?

As if they would take on a much more expensive to operate support demographic of 10K over a relatively self reliant demographic of 25-40K?

There is no rational model that has the AFL turning this in to an opportunity to relocate a well established club, considerin the precarious current situation.

If anything it allows them to flick Tasmania for the time being due to strained funds.

Oh yes the bluebloods A bloated, lazy and self indulged outfit you've never seen. Kept solvent with the grubby proceeds of gambling and still desperately hanging onto the fading memories.of a time long gone. Unlike them, we were forged in the fires of minority persecution and we've always lived with the arse out of our pants. We've smiled in the face of death more times than I can care to remember but what it has done is build a character and resilience that they could never know. So what does all this mean? It means that if a less than glorious fate awaits this magnificent club of ours, rest assured we won't be the only ones carried out.

Won't be the first ones either.

Kind of a tangent, but I can’t believe it’s like $11.10 for a schooner of mid strength in a plastic cup, but if you drink in one of the bars it’s $10 for a for full strength pint.

Handy move is taking your plastic cup into the real bar & tipping the full strength into that after a few sips.
In the Premiership club they have the tap beer which to take outside will be mid strength but if you buy a premium bottled beer they will pour that in a plastic cup and it’s all above board. I assume this may be the case throughout the stadium.

I dont take care to much of outside of NMFC however, I decided to look into the Mathiesons and LNH group that props up the “Blue baggers that prey on society”... I have one phrase.. if no games are played this year “they’re ****ed”

In the Premiership club they have the tap beer which to take outside will be mid strength but if you buy a premium bottled beer they will pour that in a plastic cup and it’s all above board. I assume this may be the case throughout the stadium.
I pay 5k for my ticket plus my NMFC membership and i’ll drink where I want and smoke where I want and if I carry on, security apologise to me!

Only $130 a week and when we make a GF, its guaranteed or I sell the mother *er

Plus sign up the kids.. plus kayo.. I love footy and I love our club.. except for Tef, he’s a senile bastard

As if they would take on a much more expensive to operate support demographic of 10K over a relatively self reliant demographic of 25-40K?

There is no rational model that has the AFL turning this in to an opportunity to relocate a well established club, considerin the precarious current situation.

If anything it allows them to flick Tasmania for the time being due to strained funds.

Rational? If the afl cared about rational they’d never have considered GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fantasyland figures presented in Tasmania's AFL bid will be exposed as the sham we know them to be once this health crisis is over. When federal and state governments are going into billions of dollars of debt to bail out businesses, there will be no money to prop up this charade. And the AFL certainly won't be in any position to foot the bill. The AFLPA won't let them for starters.

After completely throwing us under the map of Tassie shaped bus early in the show, in muffled tones much later she says

'North Melbourne have very amenable debt when compared to other clubs'

No s**t Sherlock.

Before sharpening your axe about us how's about you actually take a look around the league at who has a viable business and who is running year on year on debt with few feesible ways out of it.

I will happily stand and fight with any victorian club supporter base if they come for any football club rather than the plastic nothings from the northern states. Including those I hate.

After completely throwing us under the map of Tassie shaped bus early in the show, in muffled tones much later she says

'North Melbourne have very amenable debt when compared to other clubs'

No s**t Sherlock.

Before sharpening your axe about us how's about you actually take a look around the league at who has a viable business and who is running year on year on debt with few feesible ways out of it.

I will happily stand and fight with any victorian club supporter base if they come for any football club rather than the plastic nothings from the northern states. Including those I hate.
My old mum thinks the Eagles are an expansion franchise who have polluted the game.

Smart lady me mum.

My old mum thinks the Eagles are an expansion franchise who have polluted the game.

Smart lady me mum.
Saw an interview a few years ago from their Chairman saying the clubs stated position is that there are too many clubs in Melbourne. Dunno who asked them, but does show there are people at other clubs who think this. Thankfully these people are not in positions of power that have any actual impact on our club - which is why it's a rubbish story from Hutchy and Caro.

I’m not sure of too many things.

But I’m sure of one thing.

The future of the NMFC will not be influenced by Craig or Caroline.

Aka: The CCs.
Addendum: Stick to corn chips.

~ fin ~

Remove this Banner Ad

Back