Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not sure of too many things.

But I’m sure of one thing.

The future of the NMFC will not be influenced by Craig or Caroline.

Aka: The CCs.
Addendum: Stick to corn chips.

~ fin ~

We should dip them in chilli and feed them to something.

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley savages speculation his club could relocate after COVID-19 crisis

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley hasn’t missed suggestions his club could be on the move, calling it unnecessary and unwarranted rumour-mongering. He spoke exclusively to Mark Robinson.

Mark Robinson, Chief Football Writer, Herald Sun

Subscriber only
|
March 31, 2020 1:35pm

North Melbourne chairman Ben Buckley has savaged speculation his club could relocate amid the fallout of the coronavirus crisis.

“It’s bloody disappointing,’’ Buckley told the Herald Sun.
“That’s rumour-mongering which is unnecessary, unwarranted and has no basis.
“You know my views very strongly, we’re a Melbourne-based team.
“Any speculation is complete nonsense, is not on the agenda, is not being discussed and won’t be discussed.’’
AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan refused to join the discussion on the speculation of a potential relocation of an AFL team, or a merger of teams as football confronts its own financial crisis.
On Monday night, Channel 9 posted an article with the headline: AFL powerbrokers in favour of relocating North Melbourne amid financial crisis.

Ben Brown celebrates a Round 1 goal for the Roos. Picture: Getty Images

Ben Brown celebrates a Round 1 goal for the Roos. Picture: Getty Images

The suggestion was high-placed figures at the AFL, as well as club presidents and chief executives, believed the Kangas should relocate to Tasmania.
McLachlan said on SEN: “We’re going into this with 18 clubs and we’ll go out with 18 clubs.

“That’s our commitment over the next four, six, eight, 10 months (however long it takes to get back to playing).

“Right now our task is to preserve revenue streams, cut costs … so when we can restart … (we restart) with 18 teams.’’

He later clarified to the Herald Sun that relocation had not been discussed during this crisis and that the 18 teams would return in the same structure.

Buckley reiterated the long-held club’s position, declaring relocation was not an option.

He said the issue had not been raised in meetings with clubs and the AFL.

2e039b36921629be6414236222f99429

“I have never had one president discuss it with me, I’ve never had one CEO discuss it with myself, it’s never been discussed with the AFL, it’s just speculation,’’ he said.

“It really is inaccurate, it’s unhelpful, and I guess it’s a sign of the times that there’s too many other things to talk about rather than what’s going on the field.
“I would say to all supporters to ignore those discussions.’’

He said the Kangas had reduced their debt from $9 million to almost zero and although there were challenges ahead, the club “would get through it’’.

“I feel as positive as I can be given the circumstances,’’ Buckley said.

“We are working through all the issues like everyone else is.

“It’s challenging times, but I think the work we’ve done over the past 10 years, where we’ve reduced our debt to almost zero, we’ve worked very effectively.

“We feel with the right policies in place we’ll come through this as well as anyone else will.’’

Last week, Gold Coast president Tony Cochrane also lashed out at former coach Ross Lyon’s comments that the Suns could go into hibernation while the league recovers from the crippling shutdown.

Richmond fans hoping we die on their board.

Their fall from grace is going to be so enjoyable.
Clearly not too many were around for "Save Our Skins"........

If they think we're going anywhere they're clearly a bit thick.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

They hate us for Ron Casey allegedly being mean to them back then and he was mean to them because of the 1970s Brownlows.

Of course, they nixed the North/Fitzroy merger too.

The hilarious thing is that the only thing that is going to die out of all this is their successful era, they'll be s**t again for another three decades lol.

They're mostly a good bunch, but there's some skunks in their pack like all supporter bases.

They're mostly a good bunch, but there's some skunks in their pack like all supporter bases.

I played footy with a couple of Richmond supporters. We'll be mates till we kark it. Even tho I wouldn't normally admit it, seeing how happy they were after the last two flags, especially the first one was all right.

That will do them tho.

Richmond fans hoping we die on their board.

Their fall from grace is going to be so enjoyable.

I’m sure it’s on all boards, but seriously what kind of ******* inbred * would want this to happen. The glee that some people have on SM fantasising about this prospect is really strange

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media whores like Caro, Hutchy and his goons on SEN need to stay relevant and fill in air time and columns. What better headline than the old North to relocate crap.
Kane Cornes last night said that instead of playing games we should have a season long trade period in order to pass the time or words to that effect. Every dickhead in the media will be making s**t up in order to create some non existent story. * it’s going to be a long, cold miserable winter in AFL land.
I’ll be disappointed if there isn’t some sort of legitimate sex, gambling, drugs, cheating, booze scandal that we can amuse ourselves with in the coming months.

Media whores like Caro, Hutchy and his goons on SEN need to stay relevant and fill in air time and columns. What better headline than the old North to relocate crap.
Kane Cornes last night said that instead of playing games we should have a season long trade period in order to pass the time or words to that effect. Every dickhead in the media will be making s**t up in order to create some non existent story. fu** it’s going to be a long, cold miserable winter in AFL land.

I’ll be disappointed if there isn’t some sort of legitimate sex, gambling, drugs, cheating, booze scandal that we can amuse ourselves with in the coming months.

Hey ! Leave what l am doing during lockdown outta it, ok ?

( will p.m. my address 🇦🇺👍🥃🎶🥳 )

Did you know Carro is nothing more than a whinging fat campaigner? Did you know fat hutchy stole wages from his workers and his freelance journalists in (guaranteed) early days of Croc media and he’s a stupid campaigner? And do you Tom Browne is a useless fat little hobbit campaigner that i want to push off level 4 colonial stadium? Bunch of *******s trying to be relevant

Can someone explain why it’s always us who have to cop the relocation crap and not St Kilda? How the hell do they keep evading criticism and threats of relocation? It baffles me.
Because we ONCE were an easy target because we had a board full of sell out pricks and couldnt manage a portfolio of tarzos.. They are just a bunch of potatoes trying to be relevant when the afl media are the most irrelevant people on the planet right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back