Are we in strife?

Remove this Banner Ad

League: A game for gentlemen played by thugs
Union: A game for thugs played by gentlemen

This is how I heard it as a kid.

League: thugs game played by thugs.
Union: thugs game played by gentlemen
Aussie Rules: gentlemen's game played by thugs.

Bit snobbish. And none of these games have anything to do with Kali.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Once upon a time I would give without question, now I need to know who & what is it going to get spent on?

..................and where are the ******* Scanlon's?

They want to control the direction of the club, so they should be the ones forking out the coin right now.
Err, they already did, and that’s your beef?

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's certainly not "frivolous" if our future depends on it.

My initial instinct is to trust their direction, due to the fact that they have been prepared to cut so deeply so quickly, but I haven't lost sight of the fact that this is no longer a members controlled club in the way it was sold to us in 2007 just because a media angle has emerged, and the question about the Scanlon's holds water. If they believe they inherited some sort of power over club policy ad infitum in 2007, then they had better hit their pockets very hard right now.

What power over policy do you assume they have? The Huddle? I suspect that's a fully funded by Scanlon's setup. The Pokies? I suspect if there was a member's vote, we'd find that the majority of supporters don't want pokies.

I suspect the only power they have is the gratitude of getting our beloved NMFC back on its feet.

Maybe a silly question, but if you’re thinking of helping the club would it be better to do so now or a bit further down the track?
I'm paying several monthly memberships for men's and women's.

That'll do for now. I was gonna pay it all at once soon ... This month or next but I'll leave it for now so they can rely on it for a while.

Money will be tight so I'll wait and see when they need some next.

Boomerfan99

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nuggets
I'm paying several monthly memberships for men's and women's.

That'll do for now. I was gonna pay it all at once soon ... This month or next but I'll leave it for now so they can rely on it for a while.

Money will be tight so I'll wait and see when they need some next.

What do you do for work Ferbal???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was working for a couple of mates (and myself) cleaning up properties, burning stuff for people and helping with Bush property maintainance, fencing, tree lopping, (tho I don't actually do that if I work for legit operators. I just clean s**t up and chip it.) Other annoying s**t work. But then fire season got busy and a lot of that work dried up.

I'm good at burning stuff and managing fires so I get a bit of work that way. I was planning to set up a proper business doing all that this year. Legitimately, going thru all the environmental hoops for some jobs etc instead of just helping people burn their paddocks. After last fire season the opening was there but its all in the air now.

This year I've had * all work. I'm now on a parenting payment.

About a month, more now, ago I went in and went fully on it. One of my kids has issues. This year her teachers have changed and she's struggling at school so I thought * it and went into centrelink and told them ive got no work and have to devote my time to sorting her issues out. Sometimes I have to go into school (its just up the road) to talk to her. There are endless interviews for whatever support we can get and I've been looking into various other pediatric support etc etc and thats before NDIS which is, well was, next (next has a whole diffetent meaning now). Its almost a full time job in itself.

I was gonna take the spare time to get my head around how this business might work once I'd sorted the kid stuff out.

But now all the kids are home all the time anyway.

I was working for a couple of mates (and myself) cleaning up properties, burning stuff for people and helping with Bush property maintainance, fencing, tree lopping, (tho I don't actually do that if I work for legit operators. I just clean s**t up and chip it.) Other annoying s**t work. But then fire season got busy and a lot of that work dried up.

I'm good at burning stuff and managing fires so I get a bit of work that way. I was planning to set up a proper business doing all that this year. Legitimately, going thru all the environmental hoops for some jobs etc instead of just helping people burn their paddocks. After last fire season the opening was there but its all in the air now.

This year I've had fu** all work. I'm now on a parenting payment.

About a month, more now, ago I went in and went fully on it. One of my kids has issues. This year her teachers have changed and she's struggling at school so I thought fu** it and went into centrelink and told them ive got no work and have to devote my time to sorting her issues out. Sometimes I have to go into school (its just up the road) to talk to her. There are endless interviews for whatever support we can get and I've been looking into various other pediatric support etc etc and thats before NDIS which is, well was, next (next has a whole diffetent meaning now). Its almost a full time job in itself.

I was gonna take the spare time to get my head around how this business might work once I'd sorted the kid stuff out.

But now all the kids are home all the time anyway.

Drop me a pm if you ever want any advice on the NDIS front, mate.

Im a speech pathologist and early childhood coordinator. Which means in addition to speech intervention I support families and their kids aged 0-7 navigate the system and get funds up and running.

Even though I don’t work with anyone over 7 I might still be able to provide some advice.

Drop me a pm if you ever want any advice on the NDIS front, mate.

Im a speech pathologist and early childhood coordinator. Which means in addition to speech intervention I support families and their kids aged 0-7 navigate the system and get funds up and running.

Even though I don’t work with anyone over 7 I might still be able to provide some advice.
You legend. Cheers.

Which sometimes need to be smoked. Well so I'm told up that way.
Actually we have a yard full of (mostly legal) rare plants. Some of them ... The cuttings are worth a lot of money.

Im not talking about the usual Nimbin fare tho.

Just exotics and rare natives. We also have shitloads of different cacti and a lot have trace amounts of illegal substances. You'd probably need 50 of some of these things. They're legal to own if you don't extract anything from them. Probably not worth selling tho for the same reason.

So it's not all smokable.

How's this. My missus just sold a queen jumping ant in a tube for nearly $200 bucks!!!

A *en jumping ant!!! There is a huge market in native insect pests pets. Spiders, ants, scorpions and stick insects that end up as long as your forearm and look at you like they recognise you and listen to what you say a bit too carefully.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Actually we have a yard full of (mostly legal) rare plants. Some of them ... The cuttings are worth a lot of money.

Im not talking about the usual Nimbin fare tho.

Just exotics and rare natives. We also have shitloads of different cacti and a lot have trace amounts of illegal substances. You'd probably need 50 of some of these things. They're legal to own if you don't extract anything from them. Probably not worth selling tho for the same reason.

So it's not all smokable.

How's this. My missus just sold a queen jumping ant in a tube for nearly $200 bucks!!!

A fu**en jumping ant!!! There is a huge market in native insect pests pets. Spiders, ants, scorpions and stick insects that end up as long as your forearm and look at you like they recognise you and listen to what you say a bit too carefully.

Yeh, well, don't smoke them then !

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's certainly not "frivolous" if our future depends on it.

My initial instinct is to trust their direction, due to the fact that they have been prepared to cut so deeply so quickly, but I haven't lost sight of the fact that this is no longer a members controlled club in the way it was sold to us in 2007 just because a media angle has emerged, and the question about the Scanlon's holds water. If they believe they inherited some sort of power over club policy ad infitum in 2007, then they had better hit their pockets very hard right now.
You’re not bigger than the club Tef

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im currently paying for 2 memberships on a monthly basis which while I'm still working am more than happy to contribute to the club even if we don't play another game all season. I'm sure once all this has passed, the club when in a more stable financial position would assist any members in need the same as we have done. I'm hoping others share the same sentiment in terms of paying memberships where possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back