Are we just going to sit here and act like the AFL isn't corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Carlton were lambasted for the Judd and VISY deal. No more side deals apparently. Before this Fremantle gave Peter Bell part ownership of a McDonald's store in Perth to get him over the line and away from North.

We have Hardwick admitting to a PUMA deal to get Martin over the line last year. No action.

Clarkson and his 'disciples' helping him at every turn. First Leon Cameron with Scully, now Scrimshaw, Bolton helping out with O'Meara, it never ends. How is this not collusion? How can a former number 7 draft pick get traded for absolutely nothing, 2 years after he was drafted?

Treloar to Collingwood because Eddie got his Mrs a job at the Lexus centre and Treloar wanted a post football media gig.

Now we have McGovern and Redden getting side deals:

http://www.vicoreconstruction.com.au/2018/06/15/jeremy-mcgovern-as-sales-director/

http://www.vicoreconstruction.com.au/2018/07/23/jack-reddens-investment-project-2/

I expect the same sort of deal to be struck for Gaff too.

Where is the AFL integrity unit? Does it even exist any longer?

This competition is supposed to be fair. At the moment the AFL just looks the other way if you've got a large supporter base as it just lines the AFL's pockets further.

If the media had a spine they'd be looking into these deals but instead they bow down just in case they lose a spot at the AFL's money teat.

Who will Police the Police?

275475-90158dce-d01b-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg

Last edited:
Carlton were lambasted for the Judd and VISY deal. No more side deals apparently. Before this Fremantle gave Peter Bell part ownership of a McDonald's store in Perth to get him over the line and away from North.

We have Hardwick admitting to a PUMA deal to get Martin over the line last year. No action.

Treloar to Collingwood because Eddie got his Mrs a job at the Lexus centre and Treloar wanted a post football media gig.

Now we have McGovern and Redden getting side deals:

http://www.vicoreconstruction.com.au/2018/06/15/jeremy-mcgovern-as-sales-director/

http://www.vicoreconstruction.com.au/2018/07/23/jack-reddens-investment-project-2/

I expect the same sort of deal to be struck for Gaff too.

Where is the AFL integrity unit? Does it even exist any longer?

This competition is supposed to be fair. At the moment the AFL just looks the other way if you've got a large supporter base as it just lines the AFL's pockets further.

Who will Police the Police?

275475-90158dce-d01b-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015.jpg
Still hurting over missing Kelly eh?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think it isn't?
So the AFL is banking on us supporters and members to just sit on our arses and do nothing?

This is exactly what they've done with all physicality in the game. Instead of voicing our concern with the double standards and softness we have slowly been desensitised by it, and the end result is no one cares.

Where is the line between "side deals" and "interests outside of football"?
When they are given jobs that are typically full-time work but somehow fit it in with a full-time football career. There should be time-sheets submitted and surprise drop ins to double check companies aren't just signing them off.

When they are given jobs that are typically full-time work but somehow fit it in with a full-time football career. There should be time-sheets submitted and surprise drop ins to double check companies aren't just signing them off.

Unless there's a link between that building company that I've never heard of and WCE I don't see how it's relevant.

In any event it's only McGovern working there. Redden is a client. You probably need to read the links you provided a little more closely.

I'm sure the companies would be real co-operative with that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back