Are we just going to sit here and act like the AFL isn't corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who honestly cares. The salary cap is a joke and I don’t have problems with players making an extra buck outside the cap.

Who honestly cares. The salary cap is a joke and I don’t have problems with players making an extra buck outside the cap.
You care enough to comment about it, is the same as saying that you don't have problems with them not making an extra buck outside of the cap. It's an issue of equality and preventing the game from being corrupted!

You care enough to comment about it, is the same as saying that you don't have problems with them not making an extra buck outside of the cap. It's an issue of equality and preventing the game from being corrupted!
I don’t care that they are doing it. The game is corrupt and most things in life are aswell, I just deal with it. I’ve been involved in business and in running country sporting clubs for years. You don’t get nowhere without greasing the wheels so to speak.

I don’t care that they are doing it. The game is corrupt and most things in life are aswell, I just deal with it. I’ve been involved in business and in running country sporting clubs for years. You don’t get nowhere without greasing the wheels so to speak.

Whatever it takes?

Whatever it takes?
Well I’d probably draw the line at questionable drug programs but I’m fine with salary cap rorting, third party payments and the like. I still hold hope that one day in my lifetime a player or manager has the cojones to take the AFL to court and have the salary cap and draft dismantled

Well I’d probably draw the line at questionable drug programs but I’m fine with salary cap rorting, third party payments and the like. I still hold hope that one day in my lifetime a player or manager has the cojones to take the AFL to court and have the salary cap and draft dismantled

Without a salary cap, the big clubs will be able to recruit huge names from overseas to play for them and thus lift the standard of the league.

And removing the cap will stop overseas clubs from poaching our best players.

We would have to also introduce a relegation system to make it interesting for the poor teams on the bottom of the ladder.

I imagine there will be so many other exciting benefits for everyone.

& the positive consequences for our game would be ....... oblivion for how many clubs, half?

Without a salary cap, the big clubs will be able to recruit huge names from overseas to play for them and thus lift the standard of the league.

And removing the cap will stop overseas clubs from poaching our best players.

We would have to also introduce a relegation system to make it interesting for the poor teams on the bottom of the ladder.

I imagine there will be so many other exciting benefits for everyone.
Like two or three clubs winning all the premierships and everyone else playing for shits and giggles. There's nothing worse for soccer fans than supporting a mid-table team. No championships, no relegation, just games from week to week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back