Are we not a happy club!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

While you are editing you might want to change the bolded part of your post. They are not five former number one draft picks.
Not sure what you mean - they were all taken in the first round?

Not sure what you mean - they were all taken in the first round?

Exactly. But the post says

5 former no. one draft picks either going or have expressed an interest in having a look around:

Wow from a club which boasted about none of our players left to a former no 1 pick hawking himself around like a two dollar hooker , other top 5 players looking at options, and they all love the coach.....hahaha

I thought he didn't have an account (not on Twitter) and addressed the matter of it being someone else some time ago.

I am not sure about that- struggle with the microwave- have had six text messages about it though from people half my age/

Why do you assume that all of this is player driven? I get the impression that the Deledio situation was club initiated. Similarly, the Riewoldt thing was when he thought the club might have been looking to trade him (which they have apparently since straightened out).

Geelong List Manager Stephen Wells was on the radio saying Deledio approached Geelong in August on Tuesday this week. Dan Richardson was on afl.com the day before saying the same thing, but I didn't believe him. (Our President is on record saying that Dan doesn't choose his words carefully enough.) Two people from different clubs...

I don't think Our Lids is the innocent victim of the club shopping him around.

I don't think it is as bad as it seems. There would be some tension within the group because of the year we have had, but I doubt its in crisis or anything.

We have been the best player retention team in the comp for a long time, this was bound to break at some point.

have a look at Adelaide, they have players walk out yearly yet are still doing fine.

My Old Man had a bit to do with the Swans around the time of their 2005 premiership. They apparently had a policy of giving a draftee 2 years to break into the senior team. If they didn't get a game in the first 2 years, they were thanked for their service, then delisted.

Not sure if they still do that, and it goes against the Hawthorn model of playing the kids in the reserves until they're ready, but it seemed to work.

There is something to be said for a maintaining a level of change.

According to Brian Cook Geelong were approached by Lids's management out of the blue a couple of months ago. So it might not be the club shopping him around or Lids looking to jump ship, could be a manager just looking for another commission before the end of his career

Maric, your profile pic is the best thing I've seen on the internet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just bumping my own thread from late 2016 to show how foolish I can be sometimes - :huh:

But also it shows how things can and do turn very quickly after looking pretty bleak - FFS I was at that last game in 2016 at the SCG when the Swans feasted on the Tiger carcass...

Wind forward just over 2 years and we have one flag, one minor premiership, have a very very happy and solid club and group of players and administrators.
Arguably the strongest culture in the comp.

& are primed to go deep into 2019.

Happy Days.

Just bumping my own thread from late 2016 to show how foolish I can be sometimes - :huh:

But also it shows how things can and do turn very quickly after looking pretty bleak - FFS I was at that last game in 2016 at the SCG when the Swans feasted on the Tiger carcass...

Wind forward just over 2 years and we have one flag, one minor premiership, have a very very happy and solid club and group of players and administrators.

Happy Days.
I have the same vibe I had before the start of the 2017 season, didn't feel like this last year but didn't care because of the flag

Happy Days.

all thanks to getting rid of lids

biggest moment for our club in decades was booting him

I was watching a doco on the New England Patriots 2004/2005 team yesterday and it was the last 5 mins of the doco that caught my attention the most. Going into the 2004 season the Patriots won the Superbowl in 2002 but failed in 2003.

They were interviewing linebacker Tedy Bruschi at the end of the doco and it was this line he said that really got me thinking and I hope its the angle we take going into this year to motivate to be better.

"You can be a superbowl champion (AFL Premier), that wins an individual superbowl (AFL Grand Final), or you can be one of those teams that can be associated as being the best and we wanted to be remembered as being the best".

Winning becomes an addiction, we are still in the middle of our time and we need to make the most of it while it's here

Wow from a club which boasted about none of our players left to a former no 1 pick hawking himself around like a two dollar hooker , other top 5 players looking at options, and they all love the coach.....hahaha
Lids was cancer mate finally *s off and we turn good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back