Opinion Are we on the verge of another period of dominance from teams not based in Melbourne?

Is the AFL about to be dominated by teams based outside of Melbourne?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You know perfectly well why not, you are now replying to just reply .
No I don't get it, how is there so much and fascination of the same thing? It doesn't add up. so much whining but no leaving. :shrug:
I call bullshit you cannot answer for Victorians, you are from Perth. Vic's hate it when we win one . I drove through Geelong in 92 when we won the cup and there was no love there believe me .
Wow, I live in Perth, I'm not from here.

Oh and the reason you felt no love in geelong was because you beat geelong. Woulda been betta if ya beat the blose, the bombouts or the kittens but hey no loss for me your mob beating geelong.
That is unquestionable, it will happen.
We have gone from 1 to 8 in30 odd years.
1 to 8 what?

If you think somehow your footy market will outgrow vics, well, ok good for you mate.

You like to say you can’t go back to the VFL because Collingwood only exist in the AFL, but expect Eagles or Adelaide fans to revert to the WAFL despite them only existing in the AFL. This is our league too. The hint is the A in AFL. It’s up to Victorians to realise times have changed.
Ok, we can't go back, it's our league that has been expanded.

We don't have choice, all non vic do.

It's up to non vic fans to accept the league for what it is or don't.

Take it or leave it, up to you.

All Australian elite "national" competitions are dominated by South East based teams.

Because, Australian "National" competitions all align with Australian population...the stakeholders.

Note that some "national" comps also included NZ teams.

NRL dont even bother with SA or WA teams
A-League 8 of 12 teams in NSW/Vic
Big Bash 4 of 8 teams in NSW/Vic
Super Netball 4 of 8 teams in NSW/Vic
NBL 4 of 10 In NSW/Vic

There is no bias against SA or WA it is just geography, they are remote cities with smaller populations.

Maybe this has got sumthin to do with your theory.

1673153310953.png
1673153371200.png

The math tells us that all non vic footy heartland states and territories combined are still less populated than vic. 6135281 to be exact according to wiki. That's nearly half a million short, 478466 to be exact.

This might explain why the top tier league is catered more for the state where the most people are, and where the league is expanded from.:think:

I've been explaining this fact for years on these pages, and yet the toy throwing and salt eating continues.

So for the eleventy millionth time, for the non vic who have a beef, either accept it or explain your following, or don't, up to you, not fussed.

Goin to make some popcorn.

Ok, we can't go back, it's our league that has been expanded.

We don't have choice, all non vic do.

It's up to non vic fans to accept the league for what it is or don't.

Take it or leave it, up to you.
Dockers fans don’t have a choice to follow them in the WAFL. Or Sydney. Or Gold Coast. And so on. It’s not hard to grasp.

Maybe this has got sumthin to do with your theory.

View attachment 1583096
View attachment 1583097

The math tells us that all non vic footy heartland states and territories combined are still less populated than vic. 6135281 to be exact according to wiki. That's nearly half a million short, 478466 to be exact.

This might explain why the top tier league is catered more for the state where the most people are, and where the league is expanded from.:think:

I've been explaining this fact for years on these pages, and yet the toy throwing and salt eating continues.

So for the eleventy millionth time, for the non vic who have a beef, either accept it or explain your following, or don't, up to you, not fussed.

Goin to make some popcorn.

Cool meaningless stats

Dockers fans don’t have a choice to follow them in the WAFL. Or Sydney. Or Gold Coast. And so on. It’s not hard to grasp.
Docker fans have a choice to follow the dockers or follow their wafl club, why follow the dockers? Or why follow wc for that matter?

If x fan doesn't like the landscape of the league, why not snub? :shrug:

Docker fans have a choice to follow the dockers or follow their wafl club, why follow the dockers? Or why follow wc for that matter?

If x fan doesn't like the landscape of the league, why not snub? :shrug:

Freo fans or any fans can snub if they like

Freo fans or any interstate fans are also entitled to their opinions on how the AFL is run.

The greatest defenders in this thread are Collingwood supporters. Surprise Surprise, the greatest beneficiaries of the corrupt and biased nature of the comp. The fact they don't seem to be able to take advantage of it is astounding.

Any rate the Victorian Government pays the bills, they want ROI. We all know what Governmetal Corruption looks like and if you are going to lock people in their houses for significant periods of time, you have to keep the screaming mob entertained at other times. The AFL is the opiate of the masses in Victoria. If their teams weren't winning the vast tax payer funds used to prop up the comp would be increasingly questioned. Therefore corruption is not only tolerated, it is promoted. In plain sight.

The greatest defenders in this thread are Collingwood supporters. Surprise Surprise, the greatest beneficiaries of the corrupt and biased nature of the comp. The fact they don't seem to be able to take advantage of it is astounding.

Any rate the Victorian Government pays the bills, they want ROI. We all know what Governmetal Corruption looks like and if you are going to lock people in their houses for significant periods of time, you have to keep the screaming mob entertained at other times. The AFL is the opiate of the masses in Victoria. If their teams weren't winning the vast tax payer funds used to prop up the comp would be increasingly questioned. Therefore corruption is not only tolerated, it is promoted. In plain sight.
Enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You complain too

It's all you've done in this thread
I've got nothing to complain about, apart from my club's own failures, that's for other threads.

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion, I'm complaining, I've stated multiple times, you and other non vic fans have choice. Complain or don't, follow or don't, up to you, couldn't care less.

That you think I'm complaining, well, pretty sure that says what is says.

But you don't snub, you just complain.

Of course you're entitled to complain, complain away, knock yourself out.

Notice how nothing changes to your liking.
You like to defend and we like to complain.
How come you are making it a problem?
Let us complain in peace.

All Australian elite "national" competitions are dominated by South East based teams.

Because, Australian "National" competitions all align with Australian population...the stakeholders.

Note that some "national" comps also included NZ teams.

NRL dont even bother with SA or WA teams
A-League 8 of 12 teams in NSW/Vic
Big Bash 4 of 8 teams in NSW/Vic
Super Netball 4 of 8 teams in NSW/Vic
NBL 4 of 10 In NSW/Vic

There is no bias against SA or WA it is just geography, they are remote cities with smaller populations.

It doesn't mean there is no bias. You are only looking at one aspect

I've got nothing to complain about, apart from my club's own failures, that's for other threads.

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion, I'm complaining, I've stated multiple times, you and other non vic fans have choice. Complain or don't, follow or don't, up to you, couldn't care less.

That you think I'm complaining, well, pretty sure that says what is says.

Then why are you complaining about posters who have a different opinion to yours

How am I defending?
I am actually agreeing that we have Vic bias, I have been trying to explain why I think we have it, yet when I do all I get is more sooking.
So agree, we get sooking, disagree, we get sooking.

I think we can all agree that no matter what happens, there are many who are just sooks.

How am I defending?
I am actually agreeing that we have Vic bias, I have been trying to explain why I think we have it, yet when I do all I get is more sooking.
So agree, we get sooking, disagree, we get sooking.

I think we can all agree that no matter what happens, there are many who are just sooks.

Including you

Back