Are we realistically ever gonna win another flag in the next century?

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
So true - or celebrating our one win for the season like it was a flag.
Can you imagine how some of these piss weak whiny campaigners would have gone back in those days?

They'd be necking up by round 3. These people are the definition of soft and have zero psychological immunity. They're the kids who grew up getting trophies just for showing up.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
As I enter my 59th season with North, I am reminded of my cold wintery childhood at Arden Street, hoping one day we might not win a Wooden Spoon.
Take your point, but I think the landscape has changed (for the better) which means teams winning the spoon year after year after year isn't a common occurrence.

Don't get me wrong though, I certainly applaud members who stuck with the club during those bleak times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marstermind

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Century? Well that's stupid.

Any time soon? No. No chance. These guys are a friggin joke. We have a strong culture but it's all stuff that doesn't include winning games of football and certainly not winning premierships.

Massive change needed at all levels of this club if they are going to evolve out of abject mediocrity any time soon. It's so depressing.

danj

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2007
Peoples Republic of Fitzroy
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Fitzroy

Any time soon? No. No chance. These guys are a friggin joke. We have a strong culture but it's all stuff that doesn't include winning games of football and certainly not winning premierships.

Massive change needed at all levels of this club if they are going to evolve out of abject mediocrity any time soon. It's so depressing.
Fork n root, root n branch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool Kangas

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yep you’re right marstermind - within the century is looking ridiculous - more like 2-3 centuries I think. Maybe sometime in the 2300s....

Top Bottom