Are we realistically ever gonna win another flag in the next century?

Remove this Banner Ad

So true - or celebrating our one win for the season like it was a flag.

Can you imagine how some of these piss weak whiny campaigners would have gone back in those days?

They'd be necking up by round 3. These people are the definition of soft and have zero psychological immunity. They're the kids who grew up getting trophies just for showing up.

As I enter my 59th season with North, I am reminded of my cold wintery childhood at Arden Street, hoping one day we might not win a Wooden Spoon.

Take your point, but I think the landscape has changed (for the better) which means teams winning the spoon year after year after year isn't a common occurrence.

Don't get me wrong though, I certainly applaud members who stuck with the club during those bleak times.

Century? Well that's stupid.

Any time soon? No. No chance. These guys are a friggin joke. We have a strong culture but it's all stuff that doesn't include winning games of football and certainly not winning premierships.

Massive change needed at all levels of this club if they are going to evolve out of abject mediocrity any time soon. It's so depressing.

Any time soon? No. No chance. These guys are a friggin joke. We have a strong culture but it's all stuff that doesn't include winning games of football and certainly not winning premierships.

Massive change needed at all levels of this club if they are going to evolve out of abject mediocrity any time soon. It's so depressing.

Fork n root, root n branch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep you’re right marstermind - within the century is looking ridiculous - more like 2-3 centuries I think. Maybe sometime in the 2300s....

So I remember creating this thread a few years back and copped flak for the title and for the question posed. I was complaining about our middle of the pack status and not going anywhere.

Fast forward a few years and now how the middle of the pack seems so much better than this rubbish.

Hindsight is a great thing huh.

Frankly i'd glad we went down the path we went down. fu** more MoR s**t footy.
Sorry don’t understand. Are you happy we’re rebuilding?

The reality is I’m glad we’re not middle of the pack plodders anymore but as it stands I can’t see us climbing the ladder anytime soon. Rock/hard place 🤦🏻‍♀️

Sorry don’t understand. Are you happy we’re rebuilding?

The reality is I’m glad we’re not middle of the pack plodders anymore but as it stands I can’t see us climbing the ladder anytime soon. Rock/hard place 🤦🏻‍♀️

No. I still think by the end of next year we will start to, but I'm starting to wonder about that to be honest.

No doubt we are at our shittest right now. Give the admin some time to build stability and let this group play together a few seasons. It's painful now, but so long as we don't make a bunch of dumb knee jerk decisions we will be much better situated in a few years time.

And when people complain about Brad building for the now and not for the future -at the direction of the board. This has made the current rebuild more difficult. In 10 years time if we are rebuilding/refreshing the list again it be will be with some very talented experienced senior guys who have played together a long time to guide the new group forward. This is the foundation of our long-term success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back