Strategy Are we seeing a change in strategy?

Remove this Banner Ad

So good to see the difference with this 2021 crop where kids are just happy to get on a list and to play AFL, a big shift from the entitlement that crept in previous years. I think the kids today having gone through crap that was COVID are looking at this opportunity a little differently, IMHO.

We're the pride of nothing.

We'll continue to be a feeder club. There's nothing lasting about how we try to build ourselves nor who we are.

Meanwhile at the four-time premiership eagles:

"WA is very important for us, it's a big focus" - recruiter Todd Nisbett

God I wish we had a club like that in SA.
we have plenty of local talent what are you talking about?

We're the pride of nothing.

We'll continue to be a feeder club. There's nothing lasting about how we try to build ourselves, nor who we are.

Meanwhile at the four-time premiership eagles:

"WA is very important for us, it's a big focus" - recruiter Todd Nisbett

God I wish we had a club like that in SA.
the west coast that overlooked Johnson for Chesser?

Yes we are seeing a change in strategy. In Lots of ways.

Last year we talked about a bit more home flavour. Still believe that's going on but simply this year it was a case of so much chilled as about to come to SA talent we just got it from VIC and didn't think it was an issue.

There's two other changes I want to talk about.

Silvers influence. He's from Hawks, they're known to be pricks. I think he brought that to us this year. I'm sure we encouraged North and GWS to take Callahan and JHF knowing that would f them up in future. Plus several other vindictive prick moves we encouraged.

The other one is recruiting a heap of Nicks style players. Hard, competitive, two way running unglamorous players. These help our team defense by closing down the space. They open up the forward line with unrewarded running. They throw down the gauntlet to some of our other players who might not go 100% and or are getting on or past it. Milera, Sloane, macpherson, davis brown and most of all hately, I'm looking at you.

Yes we are seeing a change in strategy. In Lots of ways.

Last year we talked about a bit more home flavour. Still believe that's going on but simply this year it was a case of so much chilled as about to come to SA talent we just got it from VIC and didn't think it was an issue.

There's two other changes I want to talk about.

Silvers influence. He's from Hawks, they're known to be pricks. I think he brought that to us this year. I'm sure we encouraged North and GWS to take Callahan and JHF knowing that would f them up in future. Plus several other vindictive prick moves we encouraged.

The other one is recruiting a heap of Nicks style players. Hard, competitive, two way running unglamorous players. These help our team defense by closing down the space. They open up the forward line with unrewarded running. They throw down the gauntlet to some of our other players who might not go 100% and or are getting on or past it. Milera, Sloane, macpherson, davis brown and most of all hately, I'm looking at you.
Absolutely right. If not for us, the best 2 available midfielders in the draft would not have been picked in the first 2 real picks.

Obviously though we shot ourselves in the foot. We should have just let North and GWS go with whomever, then we could have picked them ourselves.

Absolutely right. If not for us, the best 2 available midfielders in the draft would not have been picked in the first 2 real picks.

Obviously though we shot ourselves in the foot. We should have just let North and GWS go with whomever, then we could have picked them ourselves.

what's the link between us and who Roos and GWS selected? How do we "let" them do anything when they're picking ahead of us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back