Analysis Are we the Arsenal of the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

We also endured one of the biggest sagas in AFL history behind Essendon and then Carlton. Self punished too. Don't get me wrong I'm ******* itchy for a flag and last season was despicable and the grand final was a disgrace. We are no Arsenal but we're due.

We definitely are

Dockers let us down by not beating the mighty Victorian powerhouse in Hawthorn...maynes miss to put them 3 goals in front haunting

We are in drought territory (double figures since cup) but IMO a small concession could be made that we have to fly to the MCG for the big one, although the GF should always be played there

Dockers let us down by not beating the mighty Victorian powerhouse in Hawthorn...maynes miss to put them 3 goals in front haunting

We are in drought territory (double figures since cup) but IMO a small concession could be made that we have to fly to the MCG for the big one, although the GF should always be played there
No it shouldn't. Should be bid on like the super bowl.

Being a supporter of both clubs I've often considered this. There are a few similarities in that we make good money off field and seems that the club doesn't really care much about the supporters and is more interested in making money. I think the Arsenal situation is a lot more dire though. Given we have a salary cap we can't be tight with money etc. like Arsenal have been......we've sacked under performing managers...rather than keeping one on purely because he helps deliver profits. Arsenal are purely run to make money, with big foreign investors reaping the rewards, whereas West Coast like to milk every dollar possible (which is kind of understandable), but the good thing is our main priority is winning football games and premierships.

Being a supporter of both clubs I've often considered this. There are a few similarities in that we make good money off field and seems that the club doesn't really care much about the supporters and is more interested in making money. I think the Arsenal situation is a lot more dire though. Given we have a salary cap we can't be tight with money etc. like Arsenal have been......we've sacked under performing managers...rather than keeping one on purely because he helps deliver profits. Arsenal are purely run to make money, with big foreign investors reaping the rewards, whereas West Coast like to milk every dollar possible (which is kind of understandable), but the good thing is our main priority is winning football games and premierships.
Not for 3 years. Our Chairman, Mark Barnaba publicly stated winning wasn't the priority in '08.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back