Are you a REAL Crows supporter?

Remove this Banner Ad

DaveW, Word on Craig is his communications skills aren't up to scratch for a head coaches job. (after reading my original sentence i needed to add the word 'coaches')

new coach needs to come from outside the club.

Jona would be an excellent choice.
(Naughty Monkey's Wet dream - he gets Blighty as his assistant!)

Re: Great choice

Originally posted by brucetiki
My point here is that the coach isn't responsible for everything. Sacking the coach isn't the answer to all our prayers, as was seen with Jonas in 1999-2000. I wanted Jonas sacked after 1999, and was amazed that his contract was extended, but I then saw the reasons why his contract was extended! If it wasn't for what happened at Centrals in 1999, then I, too, would probably be questioning Gary Ayres position more. But I have learnt my lesson, so I'm being more supportive.

No he's not. But Jonas had some excuses why the form was 'poor' in '99, hence the extension. Ayres has none. We are further away from a flag that we were 12 months ago, with more pain required.

Bruce, you should accept Ayres for what he is, he has proven over many years he is in the rung below the top echelon. Unfortunately, that won't win us a flag.

It's time to try someone else.

Re: Re: Re: Are you a REAL Crows supporter?

Originally posted by Pred
Stiffy, you, Ant and DaveW would be welcome down at Queen St anytime you feel like donning the black white and teal (just jokin ;)).

Believe it or not, my brother owns a house on Queen St. I won't say which one, but it is embarrasingly close to Alberton Oval (has a "lovely" view of it in fact). But then, he can't help himself, being a Port supporter and all.

So I am also welcome at Queen St, although I am restricted to anytime between October to March. ;)

Originally posted by Porthos
There might be a bit too much of the Woodville/West-Torrens attitude down at Footy Park these days.

you idiot

Burton also said we had underachieved.

Realistically you can't win the Premieship every year

The trick is to take the positives and try to work on the negatives.

Winning isn't everything. Its the journey, not the destination.

Originally posted by Porthos
There might be a bit too much of the Woodville/West-Torrens attitude down at Footy Park these days.

Mickan, Ciccolella, Biglands, Burton, Shirley, Bock, McGregor, Crowell, Skipworth, Hentschel...

Whatever gave you that idea Porthos?!

Originally posted by naughty monkey

Jona would be an excellent choice.
(Naughty Monkey's Wet dream - he gets Blighty as his assistant!)

NaughtyMonkey,

Dunno about Blight. I wouldnt mind seeing Mickan dismissed and having Carey as the forward coach. Wayne's experince and leadership this year has been excellent and we need to retain it.

A Jonas/Carey combo could be interesting.

Originally posted by Jerome
I wouldnt mind seeing Mickan dismissed and having Carey as the forward coach. Wayne's experince and leadership this year has been excellent and we need to retain it.
I have to agree 110% with this.

He would be awsome as a forward line coach. Imagine how much he could help develop our forwards:D

Re: Great choice

Originally posted by brucetiki

My point here is that the coach isn't responsible for everything. Sacking the coach isn't the answer to all our prayers, as was seen with Jonas in 1999-2000. I wanted Jonas sacked after 1999, and was amazed that his contract was extended, but I then saw the reasons why his contract was extended! If it wasn't for what happened at Centrals in 1999, then I, too, would probably be questioning Gary Ayres position more. But I have learnt my lesson, so I'm being more supportive.

The main thing Gary and Peter have in common is that they recruited old stars to help them win a flag - Platten/McAdam and Carey/Burns. It didnt work for the Dogs but we recovered.

It remains to be see if Gaz can lead us the way that Jona did.

The difference between Gaz and Peter is that Gary has been with us longer than Peter was at Centrals. Gary has had since late 99 to turn AFC around.

At the moment we are in the same spot that we were at the end of Gary's first year in 2000.

We are in dire need of young ruckmen.
We need young talent coming through and playing stright away next year.
Gary's match ups and game day tactics are still frustrating and fans are unhappy.

I feel we are the crossroads again and we should'nt be. We have gone backwards.

Its not acceptable that we are in the same spot we were at 2000.

Gary has stated that this current group has gone as far as It can go. I dont think he can take us further. I dont think he will be extended past next year and for mine that will be a good thing.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I have to agree 110% with this.

He would be awsome as a forward line coach. Imagine how much he could help develop our forwards:D

cheers! He's already helping them now, its gotta continue!

2 years as a player...how long would he have to work as a coach to make his kids eligable under the father/son rule?

Originally posted by Jerome
cheers! He's already helping them now, its gotta continue!

2 years as a player...how long would he have to work as a coach to make his kids eligable under the father/son rule?
I think its only for Head coaches and I think the rule has changed last year;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its only for Head coaches and I think the rule has changed last year;)

I thought that they changed the father/son rule during the off season so that the sons of officials, including coaches, no longer qualify under that rule, or did I dream that.

Originally posted by macca23
I thought that they changed the father/son rule during the off season so that the sons of officials, including coaches, no longer qualify under that rule, or did I dream that.
I think Stiffy already said that, or did I dream that? ;)

Originally posted by macca23
Yeah I think that why terry Wallace threw a dummy spit last year.

And Chokos kids will be picked up by Collingwood:p

Yeah I think that why terry Wallace threw a dummy spit last year.

And Chokos kids will be picked up by Collingwood:p

I think Choco's bairns have the choice... all of those Father/Son players do ;)

Originally posted by topjars
Kinda looks like David Bowies.
I hope hes not looking up at a Stiffy:confused:

Stiffy hasn't crossed to the really dark sexual side TJ..... not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

I was more wondering if that just by chance that happened to be _espoir's eye!! ;)

ok I am ready to do this.

I've got:

1 My Uggboots
2 A pack of cigarettes
3 Carton of beer
4 I've blackened some teeth
5 A mullett wig
6 *cough* a black and white scarfe

OMG what am I doing?????

GO COLLINGWOOD

I LOVE EDDIE MCGUIRE

NATHAN BUCKLEY U ARE A LEGEND