Opinion Are you invested in this team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Coming back to this, the win was fantastic, and wow some of that young talent looks good.

It’s amazing how much easier it is to get behind a team when you can see the direction. We are a young team. We are rebuilding. That’s fine. I’m on board with that.

The disconnect comes when you don’t have recruitment aligning with that. We’ve spent $6mill on Boyd, $2mill on trengove and I’m petrified what we’re going to spend on Roughead, when beveridge sees them all as ruckmen, and we have arguably the most exciting young ruckman in the comp.

Very much hoping coaching and recruitment get on the same page ASAP.

Coming back to this, the win was fantastic, and wow some of that young talent looks good.

It’s amazing how much easier it is to get behind a team when you can see the direction. We are a young team. We are rebuilding. That’s fine. I’m on board with that.

The disconnect comes when you don’t have recruitment aligning with that. We’ve spent $6mill on Boyd, $2mill on trengove and I’m petrified what we’re going to spend on Roughead, when beveridge sees them all as ruckmen, and we have arguably the most exciting young ruckman in the comp.

Very much hoping coaching and recruitment get on the same page ASAP.

Which Roughie are we talking about here? What have I missed? Why are we worried about spending on Roughead?

Which Roughie are we talking about here? What have I missed? Why are we worried about spending on Roughead?

Because he will be nothing more than backup and likely playing a lot of ressies next year so should be paid accordingly eith a low contract but is a free agent so could get overs if we want to keep him

I will always be invested fronk no matter what. It's in my DNA.
I went to the game Sunday expecting a flogging , but excited to watch the 3 young boys.
English , and my boys Ed and Naughty ( hope some of you remember some of my posts pre draft )
And boy they didn't let me down !
They will have their ups and downs , probably even go back to VFL , but I am pumped about what the future holds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really appreciating watching the growth of Hunter and zither two Macs as club leaders.

Also the improvement in the kids like Williams and Gowers etc.

Last night I was happy with the effort of players like Webb and Boyd who are starting to show some intensity.

I really feel Bev is something out of the box.

I am always invested. Get frustrated with selection policies, get frustrated with some of the obvious gaps in the side, get frustrated with players that take short steps or have bad skill definciencies but always interested in what is going on even during bad patches.

We need a few more grunty, inside players at the moment but I hear that R. West will fit that bill and maybe Clay Smith and Picken get back to first team automatics.

I want to see some better hires in the football department to help Beveridge. I don't believe in the current crew outside of him - as reasonable or unreasonable as that is.

This young crop of guys coming through - I will back them and follow them 100%, win lose or draw - now that I see a direction. That wasn't evident in the first two rounds .

I would like to see the match committee continue with the baby bulldogs and do away with playing a couple of guys that are currently in the magoos. Players should be picked on potential and ability, not purely for experience' sake. I'll wear more losses this year and a better draft pick over playing go-nowhere vanillas just to grab a win or two in a season where we won't make noise anyway.

I want to see some better hires in the football department to help Beveridge. I don't believe in the current crew outside of him - as reasonable or unreasonable as that is.
You're not alone in this view. We can't go into 2019 with the same footy department, there has to be some changes. And I don't mean another merry-go-round of positions. That was just a ludicrous move on our part.

I’ll always be invested, but I think there will be some pain over the next 12 games. It will test a lot of us!

BB6oI.gif

You're welcome. Here endeth the lesson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back