Are you less excited about this year's GF?

Rate your grand final excitement level

• Same as usual

Votes: 41 15.0%
  • Less than usual

Votes: 186 68.1%
  • More than usual

Votes: 46 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
Maybe the AFL don't want a night GF going forward after all. The pre-match seems designed to make it a failure.
Not "Meatloaf" or "Tones and I" bad, but consistently bad covers of unsuitable songs.

Of course they do. It's all about viewership and ad dollars. The entertainamt reason is just a smoke screen because they can't be honest and say it's about money.

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Excited. Game should be a cracker between two sides that should match up well.
Couldn't give a rats that it is at the Gabba and not the MCG, makes no difference on the tv,
and best of all we finally get the game in a civilised time slot.
It makes a big difference, there is hardly any crowd noise!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Definitely less excited. My team is in it and I still can't get into it this week like previous years. No parade, no public training session, no live sites, no bbqs, no pubs, no Swan St, just doesn't feel right :(

Win or lose there won't be any celebrations
This is what AFL supporters outside of Victoria experience EVERY YEAR and will for the next 46 years thanks to the disgraceful MCG agreement. It's a real s**t isn't it?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
We Melbournians have been spoilt over the years when it comes to the GF etc....having the GF today up at the Gabba is exciting for those footy fans in Brissy, but down here in Melbourne it feels really empty, devoid of any real excitement...

...and that is how it feels every year for footy fans right around Australia when the GF is here at the MCG. They have to sit and watch the build up to the game on their tv's.......like we are doing today.

That is what I have liked about this footy year, it has opened many eyes to how things are for interstate teams and fans.
Well yes, I see your point, but the MCG holds 100,000 people , the whole city from the day after the Prelims comes alive with footballs best week, plus its tradition and its the home. But yes I'm a Vic I live in WA,. my home is Melbourne for forty years and I've been to two GF's its not that easy getting tickets, so I have enjoyed the Melbourne Grand Final week many times and watched the game from 1977 telecast, up to know.
aw my Hawks win in 1971 and get flogged by North in 1975, haven't made one since, but no other city comes alive like Melbourne's GF week.
It's a special feeling you never lose it it is in your blood, the Gabba was fine, but no where else in the world is there an MCG.

I didn't mind seeing some interstate clubs play at Optus Oval during the season, I 've suggested that a long time ago about getting neutral ground, a great ground too, where some clubs stay a week or two and play other clubs Hawks v Carlton here, its good for the fans. And this state has crazy footy fans as well for all clubs!

Back