TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Rumors floating around that both Sony & Microsoft are working on new consoles.

With MS new machine codenamed "Scarlet"

When do you think these will be announced & ultimately released?

Are you ready for next gen?

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably not. Weirdly enough it seemed like I had my PS2 and 360/PS3 for an eternity but both were played for around 5-7 years before upgrading.

I bought a PS4 in 2015 and for some reason it still feels like new to me. I also feel like we’ve yet to have some really defining games of the generation. We had MW2, Skyrim, both GTAs etc on the last generation that were huge and set the bar for future games. I can only think of the Witcher as being a game of that quality.

Honestly feels like a bit of a let down of a generation to be honest. So many more games I had fun with from memory with the previous generation. Maybe it’s also because the leap from PS2 to Xbox 360/PS3 was so much more drastic than the leap to PS4.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Keen to see the performance of the GTX 11 series when they are released. My current card struggles to run games like AC Origins, so using that as a benchmark, I'd need to upgrade for games like FH4, Odyssey, Doom 2, Halo 6 etc

I'm hearing PS5 is closer than that.
TLoU2 to be PS4s swansong.
I read somehere recently where the CEO of Sony said the PS5 is at least 3 years away.

However I know that playstation and Microsoft are starting to follow the smart phone model a little bit. Where they will release updated versions of the xbox and ps where graphics may be a bit better and might be a bit faster however the consoles are still this generation

Not particularly. I can't believe it's been about 5 years since this gen started. I can remember the discussion on here leading up to PS4 release day like it was yesterday. Slow down pls time.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Was going to get a Pro but instead going to stick with my regular PS4 no point in getting a pro when the ps5 is on the horizon.
Same here I was considering getting a 4K tv and pro and VR but will hold off for a few years untill the new console comes out

No point upgrading now

Almost exactly eight years ago today, right on the dawn of the 2010 World Cup, I bought GTA IV. I thought by the time PlayStation 5s would be ready, we'd get a GTA more than ten times the size, or one with a realistic sense of scale, or just one where you can go inside all the buildings. I am ready for that generation. But that legit seems lightyears away (and maybe only exists as a teenage fantasy). Feels like instead consoles have hit the wall and it's minor upgrades every few years from here.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Almost exactly eight years ago today, right on the dawn of the 2010 World Cup, I bought GTA IV. I thought by the time PlayStation 5s would be ready, we'd get a GTA more than ten times the size, or one with a realistic sense of scale, or just one where you can go inside all the buildings. I am ready for that generation. But that legit seems lightyears away (and maybe only exists as a teenage fantasy). Feels like instead consoles have hit the wall and it's minor upgrades every few years from here.
This is what I thought too.

My PS4 honestly only feels like a graphical upgrade of my PS3. The only game where I’ve really gone wow is The Witcher 3 and that was only a couple of years into the PS4.

So many franchises just feel like they’re still running on old engines. 2K looked new when the PS4 first came out, but still got a lot of the problems it had last gen. Fallout’s engine didn’t feel much different from previous games. COD feels the same.

Maybe Red Dead will blow us away. That’s what I’m hoping least.

I believe it’s more the developers and engines that are still catching up with this gen’s potential than the need to improve hardware.

I’d like to see more compelling software before I’m convinced we’re ready for next gen hardware.

now there is an extremely real chance that this generation wont even get its own GTA original game.

* me, never thought that would happen. PS2 got 3 games, PS3 got 2, PS4 potentially none

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
now there is an extremely real chance that this generation wont even get its own GTA original game.

**** me, never thought that would happen. PS2 got 3 games, PS3 got 2, PS4 potentially none

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

PS2 got 5! If you include liberty City stories and Vice City Stories and the PS3 had 3 if you want to include episodes*.

*noted they where DLC’s but I brought a physical copy and they felt more like a proper Triple A game then your usual DLC.

Hard to believe we most likely will not get an original GTA game this gen or even the possibility that we may never get another GTA game! in the traditional sense anyway.

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
I purchased a One X only a few months ago and now have to fork out more money for a new console? fck me.

Yeah same there - thought it was meant to be the console to end all consoles and to read it's potentially being ditched next year is rubbish

I thought I read early on in the development of the Scorpio it was to essentially be an upgradable console

Back