Are you sick of WCE spin and BS?

Grahame

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi, I know this cuts across a few other threads but I'm putting it up purely to emphasise that many of us are sick of being fed spin and BS. Nowhere have we as a club admitted that with this list we should be doing better. Instead we are given the 'excuse of the week'. Or that it is just a matter of a tweek here or there. Or the players aren't following instructions.

It is obvious to even Blind Freddie that the players repeatedly have shown a lack of desire that is just downright embarrassing. Nowhere has the reason for that been addressed. If the talent of the players is not an issue, then why are we so Off and (only sometimes) On? Has Simmo etc lost the players? Or don't the players like the game plan? Or do they realise (like most) that it is outdated? Or that at least we need a Plan B.

And why have we not once dropped a senior player for lack of effort? If you were to just go by the ins/outs then apparently the lack of desire is purely the fault of the fringe players. Never the senior players.

I understand we've had one of the worst runs with injuries to key players but we are not Pat Malone there. Besides, desire and effort should be there regardless of who is in/out? Like most supporters all I want is our players to tough it out and show desire. I can stand losing to a better team but I can't stand losing because the players just pick and choose when to show up.

I'm in Melbourne but I am hoping there is sufficient noise in WA that the WCE hierarchy realise we are mightily pissed off!

At the very least I would like an immediate review. With the results to be public.

Not good enough WCE!

Grrrrrrrrrr!!

Sick of this...

2019 - 5th
2020 - 5th
2021 - likely 9th

It's like they sit down preseason and wonder where they can finish to piss the supporters off the most.

10th if Freo win today, or if the Saints beat them by about 100.

10th if Freo win today, or if the Saints beat them by about 100.
Freo winning would give us a better draft pick and be a positive thing to happen. Ergo, it’s not happening. Richmond toyed with this perfectly yesterday.

Too many good players were passengers by being selected whether they are out of form or recovering from injuries ..
I said this in the GD thread yesterday - it really pissed me off seeing Simpson’s reaction to Sheed getting caught with the ball.

When you refuse to hold players accountable for their performances you get what you deserve as a coach.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
"We need to get better"
"There are some things we need to work on"
"We have to turn it around quickly"
"Synergy"
"Tackling efficiency"
"Of course guys, our gameplan is absolutely going to stand up in wet weather!"
"Credits in the bank"
"I assure you guys, Gov's skinfolds are at a record low...."
"Time trials................"

Of course some of these are fascetious, but you get the picture........

Simpson has a career as a politician post football

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I said this in the GD thread yesterday - it really pissed me off seeing Simpson’s reaction to Sheed getting caught with the ball.

When you refuse to hold players accountable for their performances you get what you deserve as a coach.
It’s was a very frustrating second half of the year , I haven’t felt like that in a while when supporting these players..

Grahame

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't know why people are so obsessed with the club telling us plebs everything.

Keep it behind closed doors and show the improvement on the field in 2022, idgaf what they want to tell the public.

If you are on this BB then you are 'invested' in the club. Where else would you - apparently - take interest in ('invest') in something and then have no interest in how or why it performs? Sorry but it seems like a contradiction.

So if you don't 'gaf' then why are you responding?

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
If you are on this BB then you are 'invested' in the club. Where else would you - apparently - take interest in ('invest') in something and then have no interest in how or why it performs? Sorry but it seems like a contradiction.

So if you don't 'gaf' then why are you responding?
I enjoy watching West Coast play football. I don't need Simmo to tell me when he has done a boo boo.

As refreshing as it may be for Simpson and Mrs Nesbitt to come out and be brutally honest, it's just not going to happen. They're media trained to the point of every press conference being complete tedium so there's no chance of losing sponsorship dollars. Simpson going off script with the "private school boys" $narrative$ earlier in the year is the perfect example of this.

What they do behind closed doors that then flows onto the on-field performance is what matters and to be fair that's the area for concern, followed closely by what dish you bring to Simmo's annual credits in the bank BBQ, where Wagyu steaks gets you Vardy level coverage as opposed to Jones who must've brought a 1.25l bottle of Mountain Dew.

Last edited:

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham

If only we had someone running around in the ressies who would offer more than Sheed. Don't know if cutting off your nose to spite your face has ever been a successful coaching strategy. Not saying Sheed didn't deserve to be dropped but it has to make the team better or what's the point.
I hope Sheed is told in no uncertain terms in his end of season review that he has to fix the flaws in his game or play WAFL, credits have just about exhausted from the GF in 18.

Smotie2

All Australian
Jun 26, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Generally speaking people don't really care what the coach says in the press conferences because we accept that most of what needs to be said is said in private. I don't expect players to be singled out in press conferences and dirty laundry aired.
I certainly wouldn't want my employer to make public private issues between them and myself to other staff.

Given the fact that our team is underperforming big time for whatever reasons it would be good for Simpson to at least say what is lacking and what they are doing to address the performances. As far as I remember he hasnt done this except after the Geelong debacle where he said something like it being unacceptable and poor?

The ceo has sent emails out which is unusual, I don't think over ever seen this before from our club?

Team selections and lack of action in terms of discipline on the players have been frustrating and the reason so many supporters are demanding answers.

It appears they don't know what they are doing and if they do, are unwilling to make changes.

Case in point is sheed and Cole giving up crucial goals but I don't see them being dragged and a polite word being spoken to them which I see from other coaches.

Basically the supporters just want answers and want faith in the club and coaches etc they they will address the issues and are willing to do so

Case in point is sheed and Cole giving up crucial goals but I don't see them being dragged and a polite word being spoken to them which I see from other coaches.

Really? When was the last time a player got dragged and baked?

Seemed to go out with rotations.

Smotie2

All Australian
Jun 26, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Really? When was the last time a player got dragged and baked?

Seemed to go out with rotations.

I've seen Hardwick and Buckley do it recently but granted I can't cite exact games and times.

I guess I'm referring more to wanting something done about it, not just a wry frown and shake of the head.

My whole point is that it APPEARS like nothing is done and after a long run of bad form from a player ie. Darling, nothing is done.

You have no idea how much , as a former Coach myself, this pisses me off.
s**t like that needs at the very least a benching and a spray from Simpson .... I only recall him doing it to Schofield a few years back.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
The club doesn’t play out dramas via the media. It never has and probably never will.

You want to follow a club sacking coaches mid season, announcing ‘internal reviews’ that completely undermine the coach and make him look incompetent, completely shitting the bed on a succession plan? - maybe chuck in a Board spill?

Seriously, go follow another club (take your pick, there is plenty), because you won’t get that stuff from WCE.

Back