Are you tired of people complaining about the Tigers playing style?

Remove this Banner Ad

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
This is what I posted on the main board.....

Actually Port played just as brutal as the tigers for most of the game, was a tough game and anyone from other teams taking last nights game as an abomination should know better, the game was played in pouring rain with the pressure gauge at 110%, what do you expect? games like these were revered for their intensity, but still you complain and moan, cry , what should a game like last nights be like? --- pass the parcel at a 10y ear olds birthday party!!
GO WATCH netball you campaigner

100% agree with you... pressure was through the roof from both teams. I don't recall many times that any player had time and space to think about what they were going to do with the ball. So many rushed kicks and bombs out of D50 and into F50. Both backlines played brilliantly, and with the wet weather bought the ball to ground or spoiled out of bounds regularly.
I love watching those types of games, not great on the nerves when your team is in it though! :D

Nope.

Weren’t there people complaining when Richmond scored high and thrashed everyone in the 2017 finals series and in the 2019 Grand Final?

The reality is that people tend to complain about the manner in which a team they don’t like wins regardless. It’s going to be umpiring, gamestyle or something else to discredit their achievement.

It’s strange when some people who hate Richmond think that they are impartial or ‘neutral’ in their opinions just because they don’t support either teams playing. You’re not a neutral if you have bias, whether you are for or against a team.

Not really,

People are allowed to not enjoy it.

What I don't like is when people think that because they hate our gamestyle, that means we are a s**t team.

I hated the Hawks game style of 2013-2015, but they were still a bloody good team. They were just boring to watch.

The complaints are funny, esp when they had no issue when it was thier team winning & now they aren't suddenly it's an issue...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My poort friend was bitching about our game style and how the AFL should Ban kicking the ball off the ground to make the game more attractive. Honestly, the more the game changes, the more it gets worst. Just leave the game alone.
Who does your friend barrack for.

The beauty of dominating and winning all the time is you just get to thrieve on anything that comes.

It is like, sure yeah, we like the knock on and kick off the ground mongrel footy.... and we beat you doing whatever dumb high sounding tactic your little brain trust came up with. We win, you flog !

Go tigers !

I think when people complain about the Richmond game style they are really just complaining about Richmond winning. Richmond's game style is built on pressure, handball chains and break neck counter attack. As a spectacle that beats the hell out of chip, chip, chip possession football that Geelong etc play. It's the difference between methodical surgical incisions and a blitzkrieg. Between a slow set piece battle and a charge. The latter is always going to be more exciting.

Personally I wish we could all go back to the football that was played in the 1970's and 80's, but until there is a serious reduction on the interchange bench that's not going to happen. Until it does I'll take our game style over slow possession football in a heartbeat.

I would love to see this thread if it was 1980 and we had interwebs. I was 4 then but any of you old campaigners remember if our playing style was being whinged about back then too?

From memory, I recall Fitzroy teams of the 80s playing in a similar way and the media were full of praise for them. The Roys even had their own Dusty in the form of Michael Conlan.

I would love to see this thread if it was 1980 and we had interwebs. I was 4 then but any of you old campaigners remember if our playing style was being whinged about back then too?
We ran in waves back then all great tiger sides ran in waves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back