Autopsy Argh Bugger - Tigers by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt is better than he is being portrayed here. He didn't have a good game against Richmond but a lot of players were in the same boat. He might have slowed down a bit and sometimes he second guesses himself. That is related to confidence. He is clearly liked within the club which is why Chris Scott sang his praises. He is still young, I wouldn't be giving up on him. I was critical of Kolodjashnij for a number of years but he has turned it all around.

Parfitt is better than he is being portrayed here. He didn't have a good game against Richmond but a lot of players were in the same boat. He might have slowed down a bit and sometimes he second guesses himself. That is related to confidence. He is clearly liked within the club which is why Chris Scott sang his praises. He is still young, I wouldn't be giving up on him. I was critical of Kolodjashnij for a number of years but he has turned it all around.
I slightly disagree on this one but what I would say is the hyper-critical focus on him has been misguided. The blame for the loss was on the top 15 players in our squad Friday night. Parfitt even as his old self would probably be in the bottom 8.

Parfitt is not the reason they loss , however his form considering the competition for his spot has many questioning should he be given priority over a younger player

I hope he turns it around we need all the players we can get for the run towards finals

Dempsey looked like his shots for goal needed to be inside 40 metres as he he reminded me of Dalhous in his range
Wasn’t his first shot from about 40m? Near dead in front. Dreadful miss for an opportunist nonetheless.

Wasn’t his first shot from about 40m? Near dead in front. Dreadful miss for an opportunist nonetheless.
Yep. A bad miss. I was right in line with it…Perfectly straight kick…just wrong line. Like most of my putts…

I bet he kicks those at 95% at training but first time on big stage? He wasn’t alone though as was 5 goals 9 behinds from the other more seasoned players in the first half?

Cameron
Danger
Miers
Esava
Holmes

If I’m guessing the b&f order.

If you check the cumulative MVP votes submitted by Geelong Board voters (MVP - Cumulative MVP Votes for 2023 Season; After Round 8 v Crows, Cameron well clear) the top 5 performers after Round 8 are as follows...

Cameron
Danger
Blicavs
Holmes
Stewart

Believe it or not, the voters on this Board end up pretty close to the Carji outcome. In 2021 the MVP votes on this Board were a mirror image of
the final B&F order.

Last edited:
I agree. Parfitt has been out of form all season and not playing well in the VFL, yet many on this board expected him to come into the team and overnight rediscover his form in a weakened Geelong midfield and squad.
Who knows why he has lost confidence, and Scott will not give up on him just yet.

If you check the cumulative MVP votes submitted by Geelong Board voters (MVP - Cumulative MVP Votes for 2023 Season; After Round 8 v Crows, Cameron well clear) the top 5 performers after Round 8 are as follows...

Cameron
Danger
Blicavs
Holmes
Stewart

Believe it or not, the voters on this Board end up pretty close to the Carji outcome. In 2021 the MVP votes on this Board were a mirror image of
the final B&F order.
And this is why Cameron, Blicavs and Holmes having down games on the weekend was so critical to the result. Minus Dangerfield those were the ones we were going to rely on along with Stewart (who I thought overall was good but plenty have marked him down a fair bit too).

Cameron
Danger
Blicavs
Holmes
Stewart

the final B&F order.

From my bias observation, Miers looks criminally underrated on his output so far this season

Even across the season to date, reading comments around the place (not specific to here) there's some that still mark him down due to his kicking style & question his place in the 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my bias observation, Miers looks criminally underrated on his output so far this season

Even across the season to date, reading comments around the place (not specific to here) there's some that still mark him down due to his kicking style & question his place in the 22
And I hope the opposition do the same. So keep it quiet.

And I hope the opposition do the same. So keep it quiet.

My favourite comment that I still read about him,

"Send him back to the VFL until he learns to kick properly"

Like seriously, do those making comments like that not watch our games and how effective he actually is with his kicking & hitting up teammates

Cameron
Danger
Blicavs
Holmes
Stewart

the final B&F order.
Over the course of the season I reckon it will. Gut feel is this board is underrating Miers a little bit.

Kolo is structurally critical and we dont have many options to play his role (much as its hard to admit).

Parfitt is not structurally critical and we have a lot of options for his role so he cant be given the same amount of time that kolo was to turn it around, no matter how much he is liked.

Did anyone see comment in the media about Dusty's blatant push in the back against MOC?

Did anyone see comment in the media about Dusty's blatant push in the back against MOC?
Not many comments about his BOG performance either. He still has it at times- pity, often against us.

Not many comments about his BOG performance either. He still has it at times- pity, often against us.

Martin wasn't BOG though

Coaches votes:

8 - Nathan Broad (RICH)
7 - Jayden Short (RICH)
6 - Dustin Martin (RICH)
5 - Daniel Rioli (RICH)
3 - Tom Atkins (GEEL)
1 - Liam Baker (RICH)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back