Autopsy Argh Bugger - Tigers by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt's critics are not blaming him for the loss last Friday - for goodness sake. That would be quite unfair.

Atkins worked hard, but I reckon Duncan was pretty stiff.

Would have thought Balta was more important than Rioli too.
Balta's game has been so overrated.

Yes he fought back well but Hawkins kicked 3 and had 2 goal assists. If he hadn't got his hand in the wrong spot for the push off he would've had a 4th which was an error from Hawkins rather than anything Balta did. They also double teamed Hawkins with Broad for a lot of time after the first quarter.

And it's not like Hawkins was getting wonderful service.

Rioli had 7 score involvements (second most for them) and was their best transition player where they cut us up. I had him arguably best on ground.

Yes he fought back well but Hawkins kicked 3 and had 2 goal assists. If he hadn't got his hand in the wrong spot for the push off he would've had a 4th which was an error from Hawkins rather than anything Balta did. They also double teamed Hawkins with Broad for a lot of time after the first quarter.

Rioli had 7 score involvements (second most for them) and was their best transition player where they cut us up. I had him arguably best on ground.
Agreed. Rioli destroyed us. Balta at best broke even. If Cameron also "broke even" with 3 goals and 2 assists on Broad then we arguably win the game.

Rioli was clearly BOG in the first half, when the game was won and lost

Parfitt is better than he is being portrayed here. He didn't have a good game against Richmond but a lot of players were in the same boat. He might have slowed down a bit and sometimes he second guesses himself. That is related to confidence. He is clearly liked within the club which is why Chris Scott sang his praises. He is still young, I wouldn't be giving up on him. I was critical of Kolodjashnij for a number of years but he has turned it all around.
I agree with this. I think Parfitt has played some very good games for the club and is clearly suffering from form / confidence issues at the moment.

I also think Kolodjashnij was a liability for a long, long time. In fact it arguably wasn't until last year that he became a really valuable and consistent player... before that he had the odd good moment but IMO those were comfortably offset by his regular clangers and constant arse-kicking by decent forwards.

Wasn’t his first shot from about 40m? Near dead in front. Dreadful miss for an opportunist nonetheless.
Seriously? Much more experienced players miss from 40m all the time. Surely you're not getting stuck into a kid in his 4th game for that, especially when he was far from Robinson Crusoe in that regard on Friday night.

Seriously? Much more experienced players miss from 40m all the time. Surely you're not getting stuck into a kid in his 4th game for that, especially when he was far from Robinson Crusoe in that regard on Friday night.
Absolutely shithouse by Dempsey. No doubt about it.

From my bias observation, Miers looks criminally underrated on his output so far this season

Even across the season to date, reading comments around the place (not specific to here) there's some that still mark him down due to his kicking style & question his place in the 22

I see Miers ranks 8th in MVP voting, and may well go higher given his excellent effort v Richmond.

Given the role he plays. top half dozen is pretty impressive.

He'll go close in the B&F if he keeps this level of performance up.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely shithouse by Dempsey. No doubt about it.

Forgive one of them, but the other was not good enough. He's there to score and he missed.

Like the kid and I think he's got a good chance of playing many games for Geelong, but he must take his chances.

Forgive one of them, but the other was not good enough. He's there to score and he missed.

Like the kid and I think he's got a good chance of playing many games for Geelong, but he must take his chances.
Msybe Fair

But 2E missed from 40m in front 14m to go in Q1.

Atkins missed 30m out almost directly in front with 12m to go in Q1 (ended up being rushed as didnt make the distance!)

Miers on the run 40m out (sometimes easier than set shot) missed with 7m to go in Q1

Hawkins snap 20m out right in front (little bit of pressure) 6m to go in Q1

Knevitte 40m out on 30 degree angle 4m to go in Q1

Cameron from outside 50m. Tough kick (although he has kicked those)

Blitz in goal sq misses just before qtr time (pressure but no one in front of him)

That is 6 missed in the first quarter. 5 of them from experienced players. All very kickable (other than Jezza’s although he can kick it from anywhere).

I think you get the point…Dempsey should have kicked the first one for sure. But for posters (not you) to say “shithouse” (my friend catumpire!) and should be dropped for it…is plainly ridiculous keyboard warrior type stuff…thank I am sure the club ignores.

Now he probably will be squeezed out by 2 good ins for the forward line but not because he had a bad kick. Otherwise we would have a lot of outs this week. Just some perspective would be useful

I was watching the Champion Data guy on Sen and the question was asked are the Tigers back. He mentioned a win to the Tigers was expected given our injuries and inexperience.

He also mentioned had we kicked strait in the first half, we would've been 2-3 goals up at half time then who knows? (sounds like our 19 PF and 20 GF vs them)

He said stats wise, Tigers have only improved slightly over the last month so he doesn't think they're back (yet)

I was watching the Champion Data guy on Sen and the question was asked are the Tigers back. He mentioned a win to the Tigers was expected given our injuries and inexperience.

He also mentioned had we kicked strait in the first half, we would've been 2-3 goals up at half time then who knows? (sounds like our 19 PF and 20 GF vs them)

He said stats wise, Tigers have only improved slightly over the last month so he doesn't think they're back (yet)

They're never going to be "back" as in premiership contenders. They'll be a tricky to annoying opponent at times sure, but that's it. They aren't coming close to the top 4.

They're never going to be "back" as in premiership contenders. They'll be a tricky to annoying opponent at times sure, but that's it. They aren't coming close to the top 4.
Maybe, but good enough talent wise and experience wise to make the 8, and then, who knows in 4m time!!

Msybe Fair

But 2E missed from 40m in front 14m to go in Q1.

Atkins missed 30m out almost directly in front with 12m to go in Q1 (ended up being rushed as didnt make the distance!)

Miers on the run 40m out (sometimes easier than set shot) missed with 7m to go in Q1

Hawkins snap 20m out right in front (little bit of pressure) 6m to go in Q1

Knevitte 40m out on 30 degree angle 4m to go in Q1

Cameron from outside 50m. Tough kick (although he has kicked those)

Blitz in goal sq misses just before qtr time (pressure but no one in front of him)

That is 6 missed in the first quarter. 5 of them from experienced players. All very kickable (other than Jezza’s although he can kick it from anywhere).

I think you get the point…Dempsey should have kicked the first one for sure. But for posters (not you) to say “shithouse” (my friend catumpire!) and should be dropped for it…is plainly ridiculous keyboard warrior type stuff…thank I am sure the club ignores.

Now he probably will be squeezed out by 2 good ins for the forward line but not because he had a bad kick. Otherwise we would have a lot of outs this week. Just some perspective would be useful
At least tag me!

I didn’t say he should be dropped for “it” alone. He should be dropped because he didn’t do enough to keep his spot with better players coming back. That includes not taking his chances in front of goals.

I stand by it being shithouse and the fact others also missed easy opportunities just makes them shithouse too!

“keyboard warrior” - GAGF

Yeah but the way you put it won’t sell any papers or get any clicks.

I see Miers ranks 8th in MVP voting, and may well go higher given his excellent effort v Richmond.

Given the role he plays. top half dozen is pretty impressive.

He'll go close in the B&F if he keeps this level of performance up.
Which MVP voting do you refer to?
Our BF one?

This.

Dusty has been a great player, but he's not the god of football that the media and Richmond supporters make him out to be.
And really -nobody was anywhere near him most of the time- it wasn’t hard to take a mark for him!

Likely don't make finals either.
A win against a vastly depleted Premier has the media up and about but most astute watchers could see that happening a mile away, and if we kicked straight we'd have won (which puts their form even more into perspective).

Likely don't make finals either.
A win against a vastly depleted Premier has the media up and about but most astute watchers could see that happening a mile away, and if we kicked straight we'd have won (which puts their form even more into perspective).
I just hope they can knock off Port in two weeks. We need it. They can lose to Essendon first if they wish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back