Autopsy Argh Bugger - Tigers by 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Negative... We want the Dons well down the ladder so the compo pick for Parish is worth taking if he chooses to leave.
Essendon will lose plenty of times this year. Don't want the Tiggy train gaining too much momentum. They have Port twice, St Kilda twice, Brisbane and the Bulldogs again so a few scalps there would do nicely.

The biggest disappointment for me is that I just can't see a genuine replacement for Selwood or Dangerfield in any of the youth currently coming through.

I know that's a tall order but those guys will win you grand finals. Last night there was nobody putting their shoulder to the wheel with gritted teeth to just get the game won.

System, training, structure and poise are obviously huge components in a footy team, but so is x-factor. And I don't see much of it in the young brigade coming through at the moment.

Bloody hope I'm wrong. Max Holmes could be the next big thing. Ditto Clark, Bruhn, potentially even Bowes. But I still haven't seen anything from this season to make me think any of these guys will be the ones to step up and drag their team over the line in a knock out final.

It's probably just the malaise of losing to these shitbirds that's got me down. After all, a lot of these boys still have a lot of footy in front of them.
You need to see moneyball. We cant replace them, but we can replace them in the aggregate. There are some pretty good kids coming through who i think will surprise you when they get a few more games under their belt.

You need to see moneyball. We cant replace them, but we can replace them in the aggregate. There are some pretty good kids coming through who i think will surprise you when they get a few more games under their belt.
Exactly. Who knows, at his current rate of progression maybe Esava ends up an AA defender, Holmes an AA midfielder and SDK an AA forward at some stage.

Stengle, Close, Miers and O.Henry will be terrorising forward lines for a while yet and maybe Cameron leads that forward line for a while yet.

O'Connor, J.Henry and Zuthrie will likely keep on getting better.

Will we make a smart acquisition in the ruck? Land Parish? Find a gem like Himmelberg to provide a decent target forward?

We really have no idea what players like Knevitt, Bruhn, Clark etc and even - as an older one - Bowes will become for us.

And there's still every chance we find a couple of guns from surprising places in the next couple of drafts. Maybe a few more mature age gems.

For now we have to focus on what we can achieve with a few of our aging stars blending in with youth. But the club is in safe hands and I'm sure in a few years there will still be plenty of highlights to look forward to. If that comes from outside of the top 8 for a while, so be it. We've been very, very lucky for the past 20 years.

They're never going to be "back" as in premiership contenders. They'll be a tricky to annoying opponent at times sure, but that's it. They aren't coming close to the top 4.

I don't think they're going to be true contenders, but I think they'll make a late charge for the 8 if they get their full team on the deck.

Great video posted by a pretty committed cats fan. Love his content, look at him having a go at dusty towards the end. Didn’t seem to be alone in doing so…

Yeah quite the little charmer isn’t he?Bashing seats and dropping f-bombs left, right and centre. You must all be so proud. I guess all clubs have their share of feral supporters, hey?

Yeah quite the little charmer isn’t he?Bashing seats and dropping f-bombs left, right and centre. You must all be so proud. I guess all clubs have their share of feral supporters, hey?
You're still perusing an opposition board almost a week later. 🤦

Dont think we ever said we didnt.

But we dont need you to point it out.

Jog along.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back