Teams Arizona Cardinals - The Buzzsaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
On Friday, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians had to remind first-rounder Robert Nkemdiche of the rules.

“He was killing people in walk-through,” Arians said, via Kent Somers of azcentral.com. “I had to slow him down. It’s a walk-through, and he bench-pressed a lineman already.”

It’s critical that coaches take control of the process. Otherwise, the team and the coach will be penalized by the league office.

“If I get fined, I’m taking it out of your check,” Arians told Nkemdiche.

Arians is saying what he has to say. At a deeper level, he surely loves the fact that Nkemdiche already is ready to do what they picked him to do.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Coach Bruce Arians called out third-round WR Chad Williams for being out of shape.

A favorite of the draft community for his high-end production at Grambling State and athletic measurables, Williams was being talked about as a potential sleeper in the spring. But it sounds like he's buried on the depth chart at the moment. "Until he gets in better condition he won't have a role," Arians said Tuesday. Williams isn't expected to be any higher than No. 5 on the depth chart come Week 1.

Source: ESPN.com
Aug 1 - 8:46 PM

I don't post in the Week threads in this forum anymore because i find it takes my attention away from the games, while watching and then after games posts get buried because theres so much content in there.

Massively disapointed by the Cards today, i am struggling to see any positives from the game.

Carson was just terrible, absolutely terrible. I understand losing our starting LT in the first 5 mins hurts but the pressure wasn't so bad for him to look as uncomfortable as he did.
Our WR's (Larry included) barely got any seperation all day.
DJ injured a looking at an extended period on the sidelines.
Honey Badger looked great in the pre season and was pretty much MIA today.

SCAM for SAM!!!

I don't post in the Week threads in this forum anymore because i find it takes my attention away from the games, while watching and then after games posts get buried because theres so much content in there.

Massively disapointed by the Cards today, i am struggling to see any positives from the game.

Carson was just terrible, absolutely terrible. I understand losing our starting LT in the first 5 mins hurts but the pressure wasn't so bad for him to look as uncomfortable as he did.
Our WR's (Larry included) barely got any seperation all day.
DJ injured a looking at an extended period on the sidelines.
Honey Badger looked great in the pre season and was pretty much MIA today.

SCAM for SAM!!!

Really think you guys have persisted with Palmer too long, I know you've had an elite D and wanted to make the most of it, but really should've had a young QB developing while the D was still top notch.

Also sad about DJ:'(

Really think you guys have persisted with Palmer too long, I know you've had an elite D and wanted to make the most of it, but really should've had a young QB developing while the D was still top notch.

Also sad about DJ:'(

No doubt about this in my mind.

They have been bullshitting all off seaosn about him being on a limited pitch count and having that zip back in his throws.

Certainly didn't look like that today.

No doubt about this in my mind.

They have been bullshitting all off seaosn about him being on a limited pitch count and having that zip back in his throws.

Certainly didn't look like that today.
Unloaded him in Alpha, even though was good for me last season, as thought he may have 1 decent season left in him. Early days, but may have been a good call.

Unloaded him in Alpha, even though was good for me last season, as thought he may have 1 decent season left in him. Early days, but may have been a good call.

I think he will have some good games.

I can see 4-5 really high quality games from him but unfortunately 4-5 stinkers like today as well.

Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cardinals, Liverpool
Don't know what was worse, Palmer stinking it up like I thought he might this year, or seeing Calais killing it over at the Jags! Gonna miss him. Was hoping the Honey Badger would be fierce as F***, early days for the season i guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Speaking Monday, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said David Johnson is seeking a second opinion on his wrist injury, but that his current prognosis is the same as T.J. Logan's, who is on injured reserve with a wrist issue.

Arians called Johnson's wrist "dislocated." ESPN's Adam Schefter has pegged Johnson's two possible timelines as 2-4 weeks or 3-4 months. 3-4 months is what Logan was saddled with when he went down in early August. We will get final word some time in the next 24 hours. What's clear is that Johnson shouldn't be in Week 2 lineups.

Source: Darren Urban on Twitter
Sep 11 - 3:13 PM

Don't know what was worse, Palmer stinking it up like I thought he might this year, or seeing Calais killing it over at the Jags! Gonna miss him. Was hoping the Honey Badger would be fierce as F***, early days for the season i guess

Totally understand the sentiment.

However i can do nothing but wish Calais the best and root for him everytime i see him play, so much so that i was so excited about his game yesterday it was the first game i chose to sit down and watch last night.

Fair to say today was frustrating before finally getting something going late and picking up what should have been an easy win.

• Our D IMO wasn't super again today. Yes we only gave up 13 points but given the opposition and it was more or less a debut for a guy thats been in the Indy offense for 2 weeks they didn't inspire any hope for me.
  • Jack Doyle was always going to be Brissetts go to man and we couldn't stop him all day, we didn't make enough adjustments to slow him down which was disappointing.
  • Badger again i think was average until he finally made the game winning play in OT.
  • Chandler Jones was the reason we won IMO, he and Golden were in the backfield pressuring Brissett all day and finally Chandler got some reward for is work late in the game.
  • Palmer again i thought was terrible. However our O-Line is a major issue, with DJ and Iupati out it is really exposing our lack of depth up front and Palmer again looked uncomfortable in the pocker.
  • JJ Nelson was sensational, along with Jones the sole reasons for our win.
  • CJ2K for his first carrier of the season and a man of his age looked quick and strong, i think he can carry the bulk of the load until DJ comes back. I'd like to see us run more especially against the Dallas front 7 next week.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
2560059.png

Pat P is the man.

Pre season has been pretty decent so far, Rosen-Kirk will be one to watch over the next 10 years!!

I would say decent is the word, certainly not word beating or awe inspiring.

We are yet to face a starting QB yet so hard to read a heap into the D, we have also been gashed on run D so thats a significant concern.

I would say decent is the word, certainly not word beating or awe inspiring.

We are yet to face a starting QB yet so hard to read a heap into the D, we have also been gashed on run D so thats a significant concern.
O-line has been surprisingly not garbage from what I saw of last game at least.

Yeh, we suck bad.

And now Bucky looks like he's on the way out.

Are you referring to Buchanon?

He can't play in our system unfortunately, i think he could have a good career somewhere else still but he just doesn't fit playing the 4-3.

Are you referring to Buchanon?

He can't play in our system unfortunately, i think he could have a good career somewhere else still but he just doesn't fit playing the 4-3.
Yeh I am.

He was the next big thing when he was drafted, now, like you said, he just doesn't fit the system, which sucks because he's still a really good player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back