Teams Arizona Cardinals - The Buzzsaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Matt Leinart you............

matty-blows-bottle1.jpg

Ummm . . . that's Matt blowing the bottle.

Nice vests guys. :eek:

Ok now, a few posts up, I defended Matt Leinart saying if he wants to have a little fun during the post season and get caught with 4 gals in a jacuzzi, that was ok by me. But now this..... Off season or not, you are gonna have to wear what gets posted about you now, Matt. Nothing I write is gonna save you now, :eek:Mr Leinart!

Ok Steve, I'll apologize to you and any gays that may have been offended by my use of a derogatory term. I wont do it again. However, I wont apologize to Leinart because he needs to pack his stuff up and get out of my house already and back to training in Arizona.
Meh...... I've heard worse words. (Leinart would still get it)

Ok Steve, I'll apologize to you and any gays that may have been offended by my use of a derogatory term. I wont do it again. However, I wont apologize to Leinart because he needs to pack his stuff up and get out of my house already and back to training in Arizona.

You're a true gent, GG.;)

Cowboys..... Stay out of the desert

http://www.abc15.com/content/sports...ntent_id=bc4cee21-eac9-4c3b-9e28-72cab289b492

A new plan by the Arizona Cardinals could discourage single-game ticket sales to Dallas Cowboys fans.

The Cardinals are requiring fans who want to buy tickets to the Dallas game on October 12th to also buy tickets for the August 7th exhibition opener vs the New Orleans Saints.

Officials from the Cardinals said they are trying to "protect the nest" by keeping the football stadium full with as few opposing fans as possible.

In the past two seasons, the team sold out every home game, but ticket sales are a bit slower as the third season approaches.

So far, 58,000 season tickets have been sold.

Ideally, officials from the Cardinals said they would like to sell about 60,000 season tickets and hold back 3,000 or so to sell for individual games.

Thats right cowboys, its Cardinal coutnry so stay the ****a way. :D

Disgusted Boldin says he won't re-sign with Cards

Disgusted Boldin says he won't re-sign with Cards

FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. -- A major storm hit the Arizona training camp one day before practice begins, when standout wide receiver Anquan Boldin lashed out at the Cardinals organization for failing to follow through on what he said was a promise for a new contract.

He said he had told his agent Drew Rosenhaus to end negotiations and that he would not re-sign with the team.

"Right now I don't want a deal," he said Thursday after the players went through a running drill. "You may think I'm funny or saying that just to say it, but for me, I'm tired of it. I washed my hands of the whole situation."

Boldin, a two-time Pro Bowl player and a team captain last season, said that he was promised a new contract before this season.

He has three years left on the four-year, $22.75 million contract extension he signed after the 2005 season that keeps him under contract through 2010. He's making an average of $4 million a year.

Arizona's other standout receiver, Larry Fitzgerald, signed a four-year $40 million, deal after last season, with $30 million guaranteed.

"It's not even about Larry's deal," Boldin said. "Larry earned everything he got. Honestly, he played his butt off. He deserved it."

Boldin, considered the heart and soul of the Arizona offense for his rugged, intense play, was asked if he felt the Cardinals had lied to him.

"Pretty much," he said.

"I'm real disappointed that it came to this point," Boldin said, "but for the last five, going on six, years I've given everything I had to this organization, dedicated myself and went far beyond what I'm supposed to do on the field."

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said he understands Boldin's frustration but still hopes a deal can be worked out. The Cardinals have little room left under this year's salary cap.

Rosenhaus and Arizona general manager Rod Graves met Wednesday night, but the sides were not close to an agreement, Boldin said.

"We are sensitive to the fact that he wants a new contract," Whisenhunt said. "We tried to address it. The first chance we get we're going to continue to try to do that. Hopefully we'll go forward and everything will go smoothly."

Boldin denied reports that his agent had asked the Cardinals to trade him, but when he was asked if he would prefer a trade now, he said, "Honestly, I don't know right now. I can't answer that."

If he isn't traded, Boldin insisted he could put aside his anger toward the front office and play the game as he always has.

"I'm going to do everything my contract requires me to do," he said. "If I'm supposed to be here, I'll be here. I'll outwork anybody on this field. I'm going to show up and be on time. I mean, I'm going to perform like Anquan. I don't know other way."

Whisenhunt played down any impact of the disgruntled team leader letting his feelings be known the day before practice starts.

"I think the reason Anquan was a leader (last year) is because the way he plays, the way he works. I don't think that's going to change," Whisenhunt said. "When you talk about professionals, Anquan to me is one of the ultimate professionals. He's going to show up and give you everything he's got, and I don't see that changing."

A second-round draft pick out of Florida State in 2003, Boldin immediately established himself as one of the league's best. He is the fastest in NFL history to reach 400 career receptions, doing it in 67 games. In his five seasons, Boldin has 413 receptions for 5,458 yards and 29 touchdowns.

Asked why he should get a new deal two years after signing his old one, Boldin said, "because I've earned it."

"I think my numbers speak for themselves," he said. "Even they (the Cardinals) came out publicly and said that I outplayed my contract. I don't have to make a case to anybody why I'm deserving of a contract. That's self-explanatory."

Re: Disgusted Boldin says he won't re-sign with Cards

Arizona's other standout receiver, Larry Fitzgerald, signed a four-year $40 million, deal after last season, with $30 million guaranteed.

"It's not even about Larry's deal," Boldin said.

Oh yes it is!!

Pretty bad effort there by Anquan. He's supposed to be a team leader, etc etc, and he has a big dummy spit just a couple years after signing his previous contract. A lot of these WRs have the attitude that if they put up good numbers in a year they suddenly deserve a new contract even if they just freakin' received one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make what you will from this awkward situation but with the likes of Tampa, Buffalo & KC needing help in the recieving corps.. Boldin will either have to sit it out, ask for trade or take what's offered on a one year extension but that's been ruled out. Poor form to decieve a ProBowl player like Q.

A second-round draft pick out of Florida State in 2003, Boldin immediately established himself as one of the league's best. He is the fastest in NFL history to reach 400 career receptions, doing it in 67 games. In his five seasons, Boldin has 413 receptions for 5,458 yards and 29 touchdowns.
source: NFL.com ( see Mizza, not hard to do) ;)

March 2008 Salary Cap Estimates

March 2008 Salary Cap Room

Make what you will from this awkward situation but with the likes of Tampa, Buffalo & KC needing help in the recieving corps.. Boldin will either have to sit it out, ask for trade or take what's offered on a one year extension but that's been ruled out. Poor form to decieve a ProBowl player like Q.

Add the Eags to the 'need WRs now' list.

Boldin for Lito? (dreaming)

Is it jut me, or is this the biggest non-story of all time. He has three years left on his current contract. What's he going to do? sit out 3 years, I think not.

Boldin has had a brain snap, he knows the Cards can't do anything with his contract this year. Get over it an move on FFS

Re: Cowboys..... Stay out of the desert

Thats right cowboys, its Cardinal coutnry so stay the ****a way. :D

You guys couldn't stop a Bills fan though. :D Stayed up until 2:30am on Sunday to purchase my ticket to the October 5 game. I got section 409. A bit disappointing but the bulk of the "good" seats are taken by season ticket holders, which is fair I suppose. I can't wait to go to this stadium!! :thumbsu:

You guys couldn't stop a Bills fan though. :D Stayed up until 2:30am on Sunday to purchase my ticket to the October 5 game. I got section 409. A bit disappointing but the bulk of the "good" seats are taken by season ticket holders, which is fair I suppose. I can't wait to go to this stadium!! :thumbsu:

Ballpark figure cost if you care to share ??

The Buffalo/Arizona game was $91.50US. Tickets to Jacksonville at Denver the following week cost me $101.50US. That was in a lower section (233). I was actually hoping to spend more and get better tickets, given that you cannot attend NFL games often in Australia (obviously!).

Fair price needy36. I browse on eBay and the range is from $330 for 2 seats in Steelers season opener ....considering it's 15 rows back on the lower level with great views (so they say). One day, I shall.

Enjoy yourself and don't forget to take tailback snaps and a game report for us BF homies in Oz.

Look guys I will post photos on one condition, that my name gets upgraded in some way on the BF Supporters Thread!! :p

Just kidding, I will post some photos throughout the journey. I am also going to my beloved Rich Stadium on 19 October to see the Bills play San Diego, so there should be quite a few posted. Marshawn vs LT!! :thumbsu:

Buying a Digital SLR with some nice lens' so hopefully will have some good game snaps and stadium shots.

Look guys I will post photos on one condition, that my name gets upgraded in some way on the BF Supporters Thread!! :p

Just kidding, I will post some photos throughout the journey. I am also going to my beloved Rich Stadium on 19 October to see the Bills play San Diego, so there should be quite a few posted. Marshawn vs LT!! :thumbsu:

Buying a Digital SLR with some nice lens' so hopefully will have some good game snaps and stadium shots.

Interesting that you request an upgrade.. last season, Kimirocks, BF's resident Cadel Evans, :thumbsu:, was in Spain for much of the NFL season, still got involved in the NFL tipping comp/s (AE) and even though he regrets forgetting to tip weeks in advance, he still enjoyed himself and re-joins the AE this season. Amongst 9 others currently paid up & ready to roll including Boston based, Galactic. That's right... AE is covering not only Aust wide but reaching the outer zones beyond the endzone.

With the AE being bigger & better this season, looks after everyone regards getting a competitive run for their money ($25AUD) and besides, it's the fun of being involved which really embraces the interest of trying to WIN $$$ (5 prizes) at the end of the regular season.

I'm not pocketing a cent from this and besides, a few of AE subscribers have great appreciation of the weekly summary I put out.. this season, i'm working on getting up a dedicated website to the AE comps. All info will be available on the AE threads also.

Hoping to have the 'pending' subscribers sign up this week which will bring the comp numbers to over 20 already. My promo isn't far away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back