Multiplat ARK: Survival Evolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Dinosaurs!

I really only created this thread to see if others have the same frame rate issue I get on Xbox 1? I only downloaded the demo, but will probably buy the early access this weekend as it looks pretty cool.

It seems really cool, I just can't get past the frame rate issues. Like I am not one to complain about FPS being 60 or 30 or something, but this drops to a stutter quite frequently for me.

Ended up buying the early access so I can give a real crack. ******* assholes build walls around the starting areas so you can't leave and pretty much just die -_-

Gave the game preview a go on Xbox One today after seeing people say that We Happy Few is basically a worse version of this...

26GB later I had deleted it after about 20 minutes of playing.

Forgetting the absolutely ******* dreadful graphics/resolution and the game STILL running poorly despite looking like something built about 10 years ago. I just couldn't get into what it was presenting me with.

For one, similar to We Happy Few the need to eat/drink/forage for useless s**t just to stay alive becomes a chore so ******* fast! I don't want to spend all my time looking at the ground for plants and rocks, I want to check out the cool s**t around the place!

The UI is absolutely horribly disgusting, not only is it overwhelmingly full of heaps of stuff with zero introduction, instruction or information relevant to what I need to do, see or upgrade. But s**t overlaps as well and everything just looks old. It all looks like programmer art, like nobody with any art sense has gone over the menus to provide a nice clean aesthetic and therefore everything is crammed into every menu without much explanation.

I want to like these types of games, but they really don't introduce themselves well to someone who has limited time to get into it and get going.

Does anyone with more time on the game have any insight as to whether things become more manageable later on? I just couldn't see myself bullshitting around the joint trying to manage hunger, thirst and all the other stupid meters before getting to the fun part.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tupperware what's it like?

I've sunk about 400 hours on PC.

Be prepared to lose a lot of your life. PvE is place to start to learn the game a bit, PvP servers are pretty chaotic and usually ruled by one 'Alpha' tribe that takes advantage of everyone else on the server.

Does anyone with more time on the game have any insight as to whether things become more manageable later on? I just couldn't see myself bullshitting around the joint trying to manage hunger, thirst and all the other stupid meters before getting to the fun part.

Taming dinos make life easier, using them to carry out tasks with you saves endless about of time.

How far before the final product is done?

No idea mate, I've been playing on and off since alpha release in 2015. Theres still a number of Dinos to be added (around 20+?) and it still needs some desperate optimization before it can get a proper release. Although i can play on Ultra and a solid 60fps now.. which compared to early alpha which was medium at 15fps :huh:

Never really gave it a shot since I got it on Xbox feb of 2016 :)eek: that long ago?) Maybe I should go back and see how its changed as it was pretty s**t back then.

Never really gave it a shot since I got it on Xbox feb of 2016 :)eek: that long ago?) Maybe I should go back and see how its changed as it was pretty s**t back then.
It's pretty good fun mate

Even better with people to play in a tribe with.

That said, X Box? You're better than that

It's pretty good fun mate

Even better with people to play in a tribe with.

That said, X Box? You're better than that
It was only on X box at the time I bought it. (other than PC I assume)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back