PC ArmA 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Alpha now available on Steam if anyone is interested, looks the goods. Alot more fluent than the previous 2.

I'm thinking of building a PC just to run this and Rome Total War 2 - waiting on the final specs to be announced though haha

yeh , it is a little power hungry. so realistic but.

Yeah, my mate has a PC that runs ARMA 2 and he said that was pretty demanding on his hardware. Can just see ARMA 3 being a beast of game - something you would want to play on full specs.

Have loved Bohemia Interactive's work since Operation Flashpoint, I've got the original ARMA but haven't had a computer to play 2 on.

I like the stance changes. 9 different heights (3 each for prone, crouch and standing), each 3 with different lean sideways stances in them, each of those with hip fire/aiming and each of those with different walk, jog, run and sprint.

Pretty bloody incredible when you think about it.

I like the stance changes. 9 different heights (3 each for prone, crouch and standing), each 3 with different lean sideways stances in them, each of those with hip fire/aiming and each of those with different walk, jog, run and sprint.

Pretty bloody incredible when you think about it.

If I'm not mistaken (from what I've been told), they also have a even more sophisticated version of the game that is actually used as a combat simulator for the defence forces (due to its realism).

If I'm not mistaken (from what I've been told), they also have a even more sophisticated version of the game that is actually used as a combat simulator for the defence forces (due to its realism).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2

US and ADF use it, amongst others. I used it in a past job, it's pretty effective for decision making on the battlefield, but I wouldn't say its overly realistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS2

US and ADF use it, amongst others. I used it in a past job, it's pretty effective for decision making on the battlefield, but I wouldn't say its overly realistic.

Nothing beats the real thing I guess - I found that out the hard way when I went paintballing with my mates a few weeks ago :D

Takes it outta ya dont it ! lol :D

Definitely does - bruises took a week or so to clear up and playing during the day when it was low/mid thirties made it tough going. Great fun though. Would definitely do it again despite my team getting beat badly in every game :D

The "Wasteland" mod is already out for it and the servers populated. Not sure if anyone will bother with a DayZ mod for it with the standalone coming, but I hope so. $30 gets you the alpha, beta and full game when released.

Bought it on the weekend but barely had a chance to play due to this bullshit weather we are having. My computer room is getting far too hot for comfort and I just sweat all over the mouse causing a complete lack of control.

Game runs well and looks bloody good for an alpha. I've played worse full release games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought it on the weekend but barely had a chance to play due to this bullshit weather we are having. My computer room is getting far too hot for comfort and I just sweat all over the mouse causing a complete lack of control.

Game runs well and looks bloody good for an alpha. I've played worse full release games.

Can just imagine the game makes your pc work hard generating a lot of heat -were you playing on full specs?

Played online a few times late last year with a mate. Was a complete noob. Was during one of the games, a helicopter landed and so I jumped on the turret. The helicopter took off and started circling a bunch of soldiers advancing across the ground and I thought the pilot wanted me to engage them; which I proceeded to do. Only problem was they were friendlies! :D:drunk:

Suffice to say, the chat channel flared up with people wondering who was gunning them down. :confused:

It's a pretty fun game though. Has come a long way since Operation Flashpoint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back