List Mgmt. Armstrong Delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if it will be blamed on Lance or the fact he couldn't get a game even when we were injury ravaged.

I just realised Matt Rendell, former head of recruiting of Adelaide is working for Collingwood now after his unpleasant sacking from the Crows. He would have been in charge at the time Armstrong was drafted by Adelaide and it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one pushing hard for him at Pieland.

From Armstrong's POV, even if Sydney offered me a new contract I'd be very hesitant to accept it. He's clearly been surpassed by Rampe and probably Biggs and maybe Towers as well in the defensive pecking order. With AJ, Shaw and LRT back and possibly Reid shifting down back, there doesn't look like there's a spot for him.

Feel sorry for the guy. Fulfills his dreams of playing for the club he supported as a kid, and can't cement a spot. If only he learnt how to tackle and kick more than 15m sideways :(

Feel sorry for the guy. Fulfills his dreams of playing for the club he supported as a kid, and can't cement a spot. If only he learnt how to tackle and kick more than 15m sideways :(
It might be the making of him. The romance of joining your favourite team has been quickly erased by the business of footy. He might take his last chance.

I wish him the best.

It might be the making of him. The romance of joining your favourite team has been quickly erased by the business of footy. He might take his last chance.

I wish him the best.

Me too Mase. It's a tough time of year for players whose careers are at a crossroads, sadly it's one of the things that has to happen in footy, it's the ultimate change agent.

He was brilliant in the NEAFL grand final, unfortunately not everyone can make the grade in the AFL. Hope he makes the most of it if he does get another chance at Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he worked as much on his footy as he does on his finely crafted douchebag image, he could be handy.

Looks like Adelaide won out. We got 1 good game out of Armstrong whilst Adelaide have had 2 with Johnston and considering Johnston had an ok finish to 2013, fair to say he is lucky to still be on their list and will probably get a decent opportunity next year.

Looks like Adelaide won out. We got 1 good game out of Armstrong whilst Adelaide have had 2 with Johnston and considering Johnston had an ok finish to 2013, fair to say he is lucky to still be on their list and will probably get a decent opportunity next year.

Johnston has been awesome in the SANFL this year, don't know why Adelaide haven't been picking him.

If the club doesn't offer him anything and decides to delist him, he becomes a free agent.

If the club offers him a contract and he refuses, he delists himself and has to go through a draft to get the contract he wants.

I just realised Matt Rendell, former head of recruiting of Adelaide is working for Collingwood now after his unpleasant sacking from the Crows. He would have been in charge at the time Armstrong was drafted by Adelaide and it wouldn't surprise me if he was the one pushing hard for him at Pieland.

From Armstrong's POV, even if Sydney offered me a new contract I'd be very hesitant to accept it. He's clearly been surpassed by Rampe and probably Biggs and maybe Towers as well in the defensive pecking order. With AJ, Shaw and LRT back and possibly Reid shifting down back, there doesn't look like there's a spot for him.

I agree 100% this has Matt Rendall written all over it. We have lost Heater and what I Understand that Armstrong could play simmlar role.

So I guess Rendall is Pusing Hine to get Armstrong.

If the club doesn't offer him anything and decides to delist him, he becomes a free agent.

If the club offers him a contract and he refuses, he delists himself and has to go through a draft to get the contract he wants.

Thanks for that Info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back