Game Day Around the Grounds - Rds 21-23

Remove this Banner Ad

Would it be possible for the commentary to know enough about the history of their own sport to be able to make relevant observations based on AFL's history rather than going to other sports to borrow terminology or comparisons?
Here, I've a few spare: ,,,,,

BJ is going to go out a winner - Bruce

Nup, he is a flog who is hated by fans and teammates alike. Game will be better for blokes like him not being in it, young players don't need a peanut telling them what they are doing wrong while he is making worse mistakes.

Listening to Bruce the Bombers have won the premiership from 10th place.
Lingy thinks they are the next big thing. Not sure if another drug reference or not ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little disingenuous to state Essendon as a riser next year based on their interstate record.

They got the Eagles and the Giants, sure, but they also got Brisbane, GC and Port, with the interstate loss being to Freo.

When the best teams are Victorian, naturally you're going to win a few away.
They are used to going off-site.

Does the international loss to WADA count?

I dont hate goddard. I think he has been a fantastic footballer. Credits due when its deserved. Good on him if he goes again. Hopefully with a premership contender for a year or 2. When hes done with football his personality will show and i will decide if he is what people say... but as of right now he has been a solid footballer and deservse to go until he thinks he is done.

I dont hate goddard. I think he has been a fantastic footballer. Credits due when its deserved. Good on him if he goes again. Hopefully with a premership contender for a year or 2. When hes done with football his personality will show and i will decide if he is what people say... but as of right now he has been a solid footballer and deservse to go until he thinks he is done.
He's pretty good at belittling his team mates too ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back