Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong thumped in 2 games and just barely scraped through in the others... hawks 17th on the ladder... feel sympathy for North, look at their points for and against and that percentage and it’s only round 4.

NO LONGER CATS
Geelong Football Club Change Nickname

Geelong, 11 April, 2021 – The Geelong Football Club are no longer the Cats. After a pitiful performance against a spirited MELBOURNE DEMONS team the Geelong Football Club have acknowledgrd changes must be made. After being known as “THE CATS” since 1923 the football club will change its moniker.

GEELONG entered season 2021 as premiership favorites. This was based on the back of acquired elderly retirement home citizens Isaac Smith and Shaun Higgins. The football club acquired Coleman Medalist Jeremy Cameron. However, after opening the season 2-2 with losses coming against 2020 Wooden Spooner, ADELAIDE CROWS, and cheese-industry supporting MELBOURNE DEMONS, most ardent Geelong supporters have written off their team's chances. The team’s only wins coming from an unfortunate BRISBANE LIONS that was the result of an umpire being blinded at an inopportune moment and a five-point win against a rebuilding HAWTHORN.

This further extenuated the GEELONG FOOTBALL CLUB’s woes as it traded its most promising player under the age of 30 to the CARLTON BLUES for diddly squat. The football club acknowledges that the club must now embark on an extensive rebuilding period.

Unfortunately, the GEELONG FOOTBALL CLUB has recently discovered that the AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE’s father-son rules have also changed. "We rose to relevancy for the first time in our history under these rules. We now ponder a bleak future" declared Geelong list manager, Stephen Wells. "It will take more than a black cat to change the club's fortunes."

In considering a new moniker, the club considered the qualities that make up the current list. After an arduous brainstorming session, the club landed on the words decrepit, fossilized, exhausted, broken down, over the hill, ancient, meek, resigned, and submissive as key terms that eloquently described the club’s list.

In considering the football club’s proud history and connection to the city of Geelong’s Ford Motor Company plant it was decided that the club would use a name related to engineering and mechanics. It was important that the club stick with a pop-cultural fit to attract fans and to appease the current playing group.

Consequently, the GEELONG FOOTBALL CLUB has connected with the 1939 blockbuster movie, THE WIZARD OF OZ. The club felt that the connection to the movie was a natural one as the majority of the current list were starting their AFL careers when the movie skyrocketed to number one in the box office.

The final selection beat out popular nicknames including the DUCKS, PETS, HANDBAGS, and MARSHMALLOWS.

From herein, the GEELONG FOOTBALL CLUB will be known collectively as the TIN MEN.

In closing, Chris Scott, coach of the TIN MEN, had the following to say:

“The name is perfect. This playing group has ****ed my career. If only the group could find their heart. Instead, we’re off to the see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not wish to sink the boots into Collingwood (🥳🥳🥳) but they traded their first round pick this year to GWS last year on Draft Night 🤡🤡🤡

A truly magnificent trading period.

I do not wish to sink the boots into Collingwood (🥳🥳🥳) but they traded their first round pick this year to GWS last year on Draft Night 🤡🤡🤡

Makes it all the more funny that some of their supporters want to tank. Was it you who was saying that yesterday after reading their game day thread?

They‘ll be taking a Daicos under Father/Son so they didn’t want it. So far on form he’s likely to be #1 pick

Last edited:
Now that last quarter has to be the worst umpired quarter I have ever seen. The umpires ignore 3 holding the mans in a row and the Aints score. Once again, my other favourite gripe after "Why is John Barker still employed at the club"... is why doesn't the AFL make the umpires professional with an independent review body.

Dram :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back