Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Essendon are trying to run them back and forth across the ground. They might be taking forever to move the ball from one side to the other over and over - and over - but they're forcing the Swans to chase them, to expend energy constantly trying to cut off that outlet kick.

It's an interesting idea. They're good, but a number of those talented Sydney players don't have the fitness to do it for 4 quarters.

how did * improve so quickly as of last week?
Because the loss of Shiel has forced them to try something to compensate. It's made others more aware that they have to be the one to go, and it's forced the coaches to try something, and that something has helped.

It took Sam Mitchell and Matt Priddis retiring before Gaff et al realized that no-one was going to get the contested ball for them, and they realized it so well they won a flag.

Because the loss of Shiel has forced them to try something to compensate. It's made others more aware that they have to be the one to go, and it's forced the coaches to try something, and that something has helped.

It took Sam Mitchell and Matt Priddis retiring before Gaff et al realized that no-one was going to get the contested ball for them, and they realized it so well they won a flag.
sounds like a fair theory. would it apply to us as well?

sounds like a fair theory. would it apply to us as well?
I've said for a year or so that, if Cripps were to take some time away, it'd force a rejigging of our midfield setup.

However, you need coaches willing and capable of being creative. Teague I can see doing it, but not Barker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back