Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Buddy looked underdone, but if they can get him fit (and Reid stops cutting off his ball) look the fu** out. Most games have been more open than that, and he thrives in one on one environs.

Buddy is not underdone Geth . He was playing a midfield role around the ground especially at half forward . And drifted down back . He was going in hard .
And kicked a couple .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Buddy is not underdone Geth . He was playing a midfield role around the ground especially at half forward . And drifted down back . He was going in hard .
And kicked a couple .

He was a looooong way from the Buddy Franklin who demands the ball, the bloke who relishes contest and contact.

He looked resigned and tired, and old tonight. I do not think he's past it, but that was the loosest jumper I've seen in about 8 years, and you don't wear loose jumpers at AFL level unless you've something to hide.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
He was a looooong way from the Buddy Franklin who demands the ball, the bloke who relishes contest and contact.

He looked resigned and tired, and old tonight. I do not think he's past it, but that was the loosest jumper I've seen in about 8 years, and you don't wear loose jumpers at AFL level unless you've something to hide.

I saw a tough buddy willing in tight. Granted he didn’t play deep and lead . His up the ground work was good / team

BIuebagger

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
* will only have a future if they get 4 quality talls in. I’m sure they’ll make a play for a seasoned forward or defender in the next few trade periods. But otherwise, I’m not worried about them. Feel some of their more seasoned players can be very hot and cold. A lot of other teams would have put them away tonight (a WCE/Port/Dogs etc) with the amount and type of chances the Swans had I feel. They fought and played well tonight though, intercept game and pressure was great.

* * though 🙂

Last edited:
fu** off, Brownie.

Tonight was probably the only game of actual footy I've seen this year. Essendon were good, Sydney were good, and both sides brought their pressure.

Footy's more than clean scoring and good kicking. Otherwise, we'd be playing AFLX.
aflx..............it will be recalled as people recall y2k................but with less fondness..............

OP on the * match thread tonight:

I hate this ******* game.

Robbed by the maggots.

29-16 free kicks.
Hickey caught holding the ball at least 3 times, and wasn’t paid once.

The list goes on.

Jobe has a unique grasp of the English language...

Did I hear interpretate earlier?
you heard him say it three times I beleive if you count the interpretated as well.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
OP on the * match thread tonight:

I hate this ******* game.

Robbed by the maggots.

29-16 free kicks.
Hickey caught holding the ball at least 3 times, and wasn’t paid once.

The list goes on.

1617920516473.gif

I still find the Jobe love from the media bizarre. The guy is a convicted drug cheat and yet he's getting jobs in the media to which he's clearly unqualified and unsuited.

Is there any other major sporting code that treats their convicted drug cheats with such reverence?

I still find the Jobe love from the media bizarre. The guy is a convicted drug cheat and yet he's getting jobs in the media to which he's clearly unqualified and unsuited.

Is there any other major sporting code that treats their convicted drug cheats with such reverence?

Argentinian Soccer? Columbian Soccer?

bluesmell

Debutant
Mar 1, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

AFL associated media celebrates mediocrity

Back