Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank Christ Gather Round is over.

Contrary to what Gil and the media say, I honestly believe the whole concept was a flop, and imo, produced the worst/most unwatchable games of footy so early in the season, in well over a decade.

They way Adelaide played Thursday night, they would have rolled 17 teams.

Not so sure. Several other teams would have been good enough to absorb most of their first quarter onslaught and perhaps been only 1-2 goals down. Then would have made their way back and won. A couple of teams at close to their best (Collingwood, Sydney, Geelong if they are back?) probably would have even won comfortably.

Sure, they were playing really well, but our panicking and fumbling made them look even better.

Thank Christ Gather Round is over.

Contrary to what Gil and the media say, I honestly believe the whole concept was a flop, and imo, produced the worst/most unwatchable games of footy so early in the season, in well over a decade.

Take a deep breath Elmer.

We allowed them and with home crowd advantage you just cannot gift the home team such easy momentum at the start.
The game was lost there and then.

Not so sure. Several other teams would have been good enough to absorb most of their first quarter onslaught and perhaps been only 1-2 goals down. Then would have made their way back and won. A couple of teams probably would have won comfortably.

Sure, they were playing really well, but our panicking and fumbling made them look even better.

What game.

It didn’t happen 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bobby Hill was a sneaky great pick up for them.

Respect their recruiting. Picked up limited talents whose physical traits mirrored what they wanted and needed within their set up. Frampton another.

They'll aim to replace them long term but in the short term they're low cost acquisitions with impact.

3 more Gather Rounds in Heaps Good, Adelaide.👍👍

Gotta say well done to the city and state for putting on a helluva carnival..

So many good restaurants here - absolutely world class foodies city. Impossible to do anything more than scratch the surface over a week and that's without leaving the city centre (going to Hahndorf tomorrow as that's named after the captain of the ship my Dad's side originated from).

The whole thing has just been done superbly. Public transport is very easy to get anywhere in the city (including to AO, given my mobility issues that's a huge tick), people are super friendly and welcoming, etc. People actually move out of the disabled spots on public transport when they see someone with a motorised scooter or even a walker like I have.

I fully recommend those who were on the fence this year come in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back