Game Day Around The Grounds Rnds 1 - 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks are nothing but a feeble attempt at pretending to be an expansion side.

Trying to follow the Melbourne route that almost went disastrously for a long time until they finally came good and none of the top prospects they tried their OG rebuild around were left
It would be an interesting exercise to see how much the bottoming out exercise is going to cost the Hawks over the next five years

Loss of income from the gate, memberships will bottom out (they have a fair weather supporter base at the best of times), sponsorships from being shunted into horrible timeslots, merchandising etc.

I'm not convinced that they have any great quality in their young players currently. Every club has some as do they but not a great amount and not in key areas.

So let's say it costs them $6 mill over 5 years to go from pick 3 to pick 1 this year. Can't be worth it can it?

It would be an interesting exercise to see how much the bottoming out exercise is going to cost the Hawks over the next five years

Loss of income from the gate, memberships will bottom out (they have a fair weather supporter base at the best of times), sponsorships from being shunted into horrible timeslots, merchandising etc.

I'm not convinced that they have any great quality in their young players currently. Every club has some as do they but not a great amount and not in key areas.

So let's say it costs them $6 mill over 5 years to go from pick 3 to pick 1 this year. Can't be worth it can it?

It is freaking wierd.
If they kept mitchell and jaeger, add Amon, they have a half decent midfield.

And they got minimum chips for them.

Going the full youth way doesn’t work. The youth just learn how to lose and get beaten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ainsworth's workrate really stands out every time he takes the field. Bowled over by Heppell tapping it to his teammates on the outside and then seconds later charging through the middle to be on the receiving end of the next kick. Think he'd be a good player for our mix, would work well with Durds as two pressure machines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back