Game Day Around the Grounds - Rnds 16 - 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
just ate about a kilo of fruit'n'nut.........
Snap, just ate the remnants of a family block. These nail-biting finishes tend to give me the munchies

Tigers have 99 thousand members, looks like they will go back to back and the crowd is 36k on a Friday night.

Seems strange.

If Carlton were in the same position the place would be packed.
It's ok, BT blamed it on the Saints as it is their home game. All good.

Tigers have 99 thousand members, looks like they will go back to back and the crowd is 36k on a Friday night.

Seems strange.

If Carlton were in the same position the place would be packed.
with windchill it's 4 degrees tonight - but yeah, what am I defending their crap numbers for..........

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Bit rich lambasting the Saints. This is 15th vs 1st, not 15th vs 12th...

Unreal how some people act.

You're spot on, last week was 18th vs 15th and the difference in the end was about 11 goals.

Tonight it's that same team that won still sitting on 15th vs 1st and the difference ended up being about 10 goals.

Yet still doesn't stop some from bagging their performance? I hate every team that isn't Carlton but ffs, bit rich mocking the Saints when we lost to them 7 days ago by a worse margin than they did to the Tigers.

Navara79

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory

You're spot on, last week was 18th vs 15th and the difference in the end was about 11 goals.

Tonight it's that same team that won still sitting on 15th vs 1st and the difference ended up being about 10 goals.

Yet still doesn't stop some from bagging their performance? I hate every team that isn't Carlton but ffs, bit rich mocking the Saints when we lost to them 7 days ago by a worse margin than they did to the Tigers.
1 flag... 27 spoons...

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Consistency's the mark of a small mind.

I don't know why you begrudge people finding their enjoyment wherever it is.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
1 flag... 27 spoons...

I'm well aware of their rotten history.

But that's not what I'm talking about here.

Clearly pointed out that it's quite ironic to bag their performance on Friday night given they played the top team and there's a massive 14 team difference on the ladder compared to when they smashed us last Friday with only a three spot difference.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
How was what I said "begrudging"?
You're having a go at people enjoying watching the Saints lose, and being a bit of a killjoy, literally while it was still happening.

Most would remember - fairly well, really, considering it happened exactly 7 days ago - that the Saints beat us last week. You don't really need to remind us, again, literally, while it was still happening.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You're having a go at people enjoying watching the Saints lose, and being a bit of a killjoy, literally while it was still happening.

Most would remember - fairly well, really, considering it happened exactly 7 days ago - that the Saints beat us last week. You don't really need to remind us, again, literally, while it was still happening.

How was I having a go?

Just said it was a bit rich...

No need to be so precious about it.

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Nearing 71k posts, only a handful of them related to footy. The rest, off topic nonsense.

Good to see the rules apply to everyone here...
He's given me a lot of joy over the last few years since I've been reading this forum. Can't say any of your posts has done anything but give me a slight throbbing sensation in my brain from time to time.

Everyone barracking for Brisbane tonight?

Should they beat Adelaide, the likelihood will be both Dogs and Crows drop a place on the ladder.
SOS wouldn't be minding at all.
Yep.

And a decent day of matches today. Kicks off with a huge game at the G

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
He's given me a lot of joy over the last few years since I've been reading this forum. Can't say any of your posts has done anything but give me a slight throbbing sensation in my brain from time to time.

Yeah not surprised, your posting style is the exact same. Nothing footy related.

If my posts annoy you so much, just put me on ignore, then you won't see them anymore...

Dadda Dave

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm well aware of their rotten history.

But that's not what I'm talking about here.

Clearly pointed out that it's quite ironic to bag their performance on Friday night given they played the top team and there's a massive 14 team difference on the ladder compared to when they smashed us last Friday with only a three spot difference.
So what are you trying to say here for the 10th time ..

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
How was I having a go?

Just said it was a bit rich...

No need to be so precious about it.
You don't need to be going for the throat to be having a go.

There's plenty of times for reminding people of reality. While they're enjoying watching a borderline unrelated match isn't really a necessary one.

As far as being precious about it goes, I'm simply pointing out what you're doing. Do with it what you will.

Oct 4, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You don't need to be going for the throat to be having a go.

There's plenty of times for reminding people of reality. While they're enjoying watching a borderline unrelated match isn't really a necessary one.

As far as being precious about it goes, I'm simply pointing out what you're doing. Do with it what you will.

Is it necessary to derail nearly every thread you enter?

(btw, not talking about you here, just a general question)

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Is it necessary to derail nearly every thread you enter?

(btw, not talking about you here, just a general question)
It really rather sounds like you are, BF.

As for the question, probably not, but most of the time the people in this one are here to watch the games and talk about them for a bit of fun. You want to place the result in its greater context or bemoan Carlton supporters enjoying watching St Kilda get done when they beat us last week - you can see how the two could be linked, right? - there's the General AFL Discussion thread that's probably more pertinent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back