Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 14 - 18: aka "The Run Home"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy but I don't want us to make finals by relying on other teams losing. I want us to make it on our own merits and because we were good enough to. This is amplified by the fact we lost winnable games against Melbourne, GWS, Port and Collingwood.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ll play, you’re crazy. Did I win?

OK let me rephrase what I said, I don't like the fact that we're relying on multiple teams to win or lose so we have a chance of making finals.

I would obviously love to see us playing in Week 1 of finals, I'd just prefer if we had won games we could and probably should have won and were sitting comfortably in the 8.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Win tomorrow and going into the last round we will mathematically have a chance of making it, however slim that chance is

A very solid building block in our progression. Still doesn’t quite make up for us pissing victories against Collingwood and GWS up the wall, in the short term anyway...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Phil Maylin has confirmed to me that he's selected Mulholland Drive for us all to watch.

No further questions.
Naomi is in it, still a confusing mess to watch

This makes its much more unlikely we'll play finals. We now have to win both matches while Melbourne loses against Essendon or Collingwood loses the next 2.
We always had to win both as Bulldogs are also in the mix. Giants would have been easier to leapfrog than Melbourne though due to their respective percentages.

Collingwood losing both is now our best hope (would also need Bulldogs losing to Freo and Giants losing to Saints).

Have no idea why people think Melbourne winning was the better result. Narrow Giants win much better, knocks Melbourne out then the Saints beat the Giants.

Essendon are PUTRID and will not beat Melbourne.

1) Math is hard for some
2) People seem to be only thinking one game at a time and think getting to 32 points with Giants is more important than beating the Demons to 36 points next week
3) Someone wrote a gif which was wrong and that was shared across the board so people are using that

I think the Dons are done and checked out. Let’s hope Worsfold somehow gets them fired up for his last game. Doesn’t look likely.

Whereas I see Fremantle beating the Dogs and now that Brisbane has nothing to play for next week they can afford to drop that and still finish top 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This makes its much more unlikely we'll play finals. We now have to win both matches while Melbourne loses against Essendon or Collingwood loses the next 2.

Definitely easier to barrack against Collingwood than for Essendon...

Or we beat the Crows by about 90 points...

Definitely easier to barrack against Collingwood than for Essendon...

Or we beat the Crows by about 90 points...

As sharks on a plane pointed out, we also need the Dogs to lose a game too.

It's still possible for us to play finals, but its extremely unlikely.

The one game I was really ticked off about losing this year was the game against Melbourne, I saw it as a totally wasted opportunity. It looks like it could prove to be very costly. I know there's been other games we could've won too but that one really got under my skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back