Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 6 - 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's about time for a change. The ANZAC Day match should be scheduled as the return match between the previous season's grand finalists.
I used to think well done to collingwood and * for making an event of it, but ive changed my opinion. Anzac day is the only real public holiday in Australia that means something and should be a reward to the previous grand finalists.

Can see why neutrals were frustrated with all the Friday night Carlton games in recent years. Not at all interested in tonight’s game. They clearly should have just stuck with us baggers.

Last edited:
Re my thoughts ANZAC game clash, Pies v * , whoever wins plays against the reigning premier, the other misses out. Various clubs, the day is Biggers than the teams playing and will still draw a crowd.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Straight swap. * and Collingwood play the opening game of the season and Carlton and Richmond get ANZAC Day. It’s only fair.

I used to think well done to collingwood and * for making an event of it, but ive changed my opinion. Anzac day is the only real public holiday in Australia that means something and should be a reward to the previous grand finalists.

It was fine for a while, but Pies vs * on ANZAC Day has been locked in for over 20 years now. They've had a damn good innings, time for a change.

Hope North get their asses handed to them, no idea how they deserve so much prime time. In terms of the ANZAC games, I actually would like us to lose the season opener and get our game against the Tigers on ANZAC Day eve. Love the Thurs opener and the atmosphere but give the season opener to the premiers. But tbh will never happen, AFL giving us no appreciation or respect at this current point in time. Plus I reckon that ANZAC eve will now be a permanent fixture for Tigs/Dees. We even got shafted for the Good Friday game presumably because of our recent years. Ah well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching both games on TV I enjoyed the pre game ANZAC ceremony on Weds night better than the ceremony yesterday afternoon. Great atmosphere with the flame.

Can see why neutrals were frustrated with all the Friday night Carlton games in recent years. Not at all interested in tonight’s game. They clearly should have just stuck with us baggers.

It is such a nothing game ….. LuLNorf V I'm to good for state football but not good enough for a National public spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back