Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 6 - 10

Remove this Banner Ad

cheating umpires loving the dogs tonight - scores should be a lot closer - corruption, shame, apocalypse..................
I think I'll be the judge of who's cheating my very very very very very very very very very very good friend!

My kingdom for a Toby Greene.

Are GWS not standing on the mark straight away but delaying and then charging to spot pointing? It means doggies can’t play on against stationery man.. interesting tactic

They might get the win tonight, but not convinced the Dog's high-possession game plan will hold up in September - especially against sides that bring a lot of speed on the rebound.

They might get the win tonight, but not convinced the Dog's high-possession game plan will hold up in September - especially against sides that bring a lot of speed on the rebound.
Dogs are a bit weird. They're a team you can see getting on a roll and winning 8 games in a row, but they're also a team you can see dropping 4 in a row or losing one against the bottom side.

Hard to get a bead on. When they're on, that midfield looks impossible to beat, yet a team like us has had its day against them multiple times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for Lin Jong, cut from the same threadbare cloth as Marchbank.

Can we hire Josh Bruce to teach Harry how to kick?
Why are the bulldogs player skills always so much better than most teams ?

Can someone call Brathaw and let him know, it’s Caleb Daniel, not Daniels, every single time he gets the ball, he says the wrong name.

Greene is my favourite non Carlton player by the length of the Murray River, just an out and out gun.

In a Victorian team he’d be up there with Dusty in the best in the comp discussion, and hasnt played his best position for years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Me too. I understand that people think he's a thug, and he is, but god can he play!

Greene is my favourite non Carlton player by the length of the Murray River, just an out and out gun.

In a Victorian team he’d be up there with Dusty in the best in the comp discussion, and hasnt played his best position for years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not sure why the Bulldog's think it's a good idea to fire up one the best players in the league, one who has a history of responding to pressure with goals and lots of them...

Player runs to mark, stops 3m corridor side and resolutely refuses to move to where the mark was taken.

Ump has two choices here; he can move the player to the mark, ensuring that the spirit of the rule is followed, but this slows the game down, makes them look officious, and allows the defense to get downfield removing the advantage. He can yell 'stand', but then the new rule is undermined as the intent is to allow that 45 degree kick into the corridor.

Rule is stupid because it's impossible to adjudicate correctly, and at any time a fifty is conceded from it it will be unfair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back