Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats that based on? Seems like wishful thinking, Pickett has shown nothing in 4 years.
Showed plenty in JLT - before he broke his wrist the night before game #1 - as fp 4 years do some background reading on why..if he stays fit he will light the place up with his run - still a first year player as far as games go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as fp 4 years do some background reading on why..if he stays fit he will light the place up with his run - still a first year player as far as games go.

The reason why are irrelevant, the facts are he hasn't shown anything, yet. IF he stays fit, who's to say he will ever get a good run at it and if he does, we have nothing to go off that he will stay in the side as he's never had a consistent run at it.

FWIW my comments were in response to Passy sating that Pickett will be twice the player Rioli is (Willie) if fit.

These thoughts are based on hope and perceived potential, nothing more.

Actually you are wrong. The rule states if the ball touches a goal umpire but they believe a score wouldve occurred then the score is recorded.
They got this right thankfully.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Really? Thats interesting and would restore my faith that the umps were not incompetent.

Actually you are wrong. The rule states if the ball touches a goal umpire but they believe a score wouldve occurred then the score is recorded.
They got this right thankfully.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Nah.

If that was a player on the line, it’s play on.

Ball has to cross the line.

Pies should be pretty proud of that effort.

Outdone by more skill and a home deck. Thought the Pies worked harder for longer but just didn't believe for long enough.

I reckon Cox had his chances, had he marked some of those inside 50’s he was completely ineffective, he was exposed in a big final might be better next week ?

Last edited:
Watched Shiel closely last night and while he gets the ball his kicking for goal let’s him down.Still a good player but not sure if he is elite category.
Let's be honest, yesterday was a poor showing if the only reason you're watching is goalkicking, across both matches.

And, I repeat, Shiel's value isn't in his goal kicking, it's in his kicking to a leading forward, something which has lead to him being top 5 in the AFL for goal assists on average and in total. This is something we severely need, because - as has been noted more than once in the immediate past - we do not kick enough goals.

Shiel helps with this. He'd make all of our KPF's perform better, as well as our midfield, and he runs both ways. I'm really not sure why we're even still discussing this as a thing. Elite's a word for the statistically oriented, the Supercoach people; a gun is what he is, and he'd be terrific for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back