Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2019

Jun 19, 2018
frankston station
AFL Club
Carlton
is it possible for cotchin to do anything that isn't brilliant? who the fu** is he, simon the likeable?

latest
and to think some people wouldn’t be happy if walsh turned into a cotchin...

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Oh paleeese.
It’s like he’s commentating his first match every week. Dumb as Dog shirt. Lucky his brother and father have made him money
I think Daisy is already comparatively better than him, and he’s been in the related role all of 15 seconds.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not really relevant, im saying there med team are crap for rushing back layers who are injured or who are clearly not ready. Cognilio in is first game back from a knee injury, re injures himself, the club who thought Scully wouldn't play this year, the club whose injuries have seen it under achieve the last 3 years and the medical team who told Treloar he didn't need surgery, only when he moved to Collingwood they booked him in straight away.

They're bad.
Ever been to Sydney? The people there are seriously from another planet!

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Dusty is carrying something (osteitis pubis)... he’s lost pace and drive in his running and kicking and only is competitive due to his upper body strength, his aura and the fear players have of being touched by him.

goreds

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ever been to Sydney? The people there are seriously from another planet!
Actually, I beg to differ. I think they are different because of the warmer weather and how it puts a smile on your face most days. I would say they are a bit ahead of us Melbournites as well...
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but spend enough time up here and it starts to become pretty obvious!

goreds

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
people walk around with a smile on their face because it's a few degrees warmer...........ok..............

It sounds a bit simple but I honestly can't see any other reason. It may just be that there is more to do in Sydney because the weather is better, especially if you like water which most up here do. The old 'feels like' temperature makes a difference to the 'few degrees warmer' comment.
This city is not like it used to be, it has some soul now and is a safe place to be. Hardly see a police van/car in the CBD, total opposite to Melbourne. Strange!

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It sounds a bit simple but I honestly can't see any other reason. It may just be that there is more to do in Sydney because the weather is better, especially if you like water which most up here do. The old 'feels like' temperature makes a difference to the 'few degrees warmer' comment.
This city is not like it used to be, it has some soul now and is a safe place to be. Hardly see a police van/car in the CBD, total opposite to Melbourne. Strange!
Coke. They’re all on coke

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Actually, I beg to differ. I think they are different because of the warmer weather and how it puts a smile on your face most days. I would say they are a bit ahead of us Melbournites as well...
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but spend enough time up here and it starts to become pretty obvious!
Funny thing is people in Sydney actually believe they have warm weather, however that might seem warm compared to Melbourne, but having lived in Melbourne, Sydney & SE Qld, I found Sydney's weather did not live up to some claims Sydneysiders had made about having beach weather in the middle of winter. This is not the case unless you are happy to go to the beach wearing jeans, long sleeve shirt, jumper & joggers. I have also experienced cooler weather during summer in Sydney, something you won't get in SE Qld & don't get me started on Sydney's rain.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
The traffic in Sydney sux, wouldn't want to be a driver there for love or money. The beaches on the other hand are just top shelf and you Don't have to travel far to go to gems like Bondi, Manly, Cronulla is a little further out but pick of the bunch.

In comparison, Melbourne's Suburban beaches are crud filled hell holes with the likes of Frankston and ugh, St Kilda. Williamstown is okay, but very little waves.

Also Sydney still have their boring lock out laws.

goreds

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The traffic in Sydney sux, wouldn't want to be a driver there for love or money. The beaches on the other hand are just top shelf and you Don't have to travel far to go to gems like Bondi, Manly, Cronulla is a little further out but pick of the bunch.

In comparison, Melbourne's Suburban beaches are crud filled hell holes with the likes of Frankston and ugh, St Kilda. Williamstown is okay, but very little waves.

Also Sydney still have their boring lock out laws.

Not for long, changing as we speak...

Averaged 21 on the weekend, t-shirt and shorts. It was a bit windy but not the ice cold wind of Melbourne. The better half was in Melb all weekend and froze! She couldn't wait to get out of there...

I was once such a 'Melbourne person' but I realize life is to short, so it's time to enjoy it and it starts with warmer weather and water, not just the beaches!

Feb 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
A unique view of the game to be sure. We were just remarking how quickly and expertly and often GWS go to ground for frees. Not to mention sniping.

Don’t meet people who don’t like the dogs too often, congratulations.
Also don’t like Dogs they seem to think they were going to go all the way got ahead of themselves BIG time
also didn’t mind Bont breaking someone’s larynx but sooking when he gets even tackled hard

Feb 19, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Not for long, changing as we speak...

Averaged 21 on the weekend, t-shirt and shorts. It was a bit windy but not the ice cold wind of Melbourne. The better half was in Melb all weekend and froze! She couldn't wait to get out of there...

I was once such a 'Melbourne person' but I realize life is to short, so it's time to enjoy it and it starts with warmer weather and water, not just the beaches!
Are you serious

bluegrass

Cancelled
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Also don’t like Dogs they seem to think they were going to go all the way got ahead of themselves BIG time
also didn’t mind Bont breaking someone’s larynx but sooking when he gets even tackled hard
I thought it was really nasty the way GWS went about that game. Just sniping that no other team would get away with, especially on Bont (Greene - eye gouging/ hair pulling and elbows in his face while pinned down).

I like them. They’re working class and they play a great brand of footy. I think they could’ve almost gone all the way if they’d got through the elimination.

Back