Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we are focused on our own efforts tomorrow night, but I must admit I have half an eye on the game tonight. I reckon it’s going to be an absolute belter! Here is hoping for a Melbourne win (and then for us to send the Magpies out in straight sets next week)!
On the flip side a Pies win creates the possibility of a Carlton/Collingwood grand final. Imagine Melbourne during grand final week, would be insane.

I know we are focused on our own efforts tomorrow night, but I must admit I have half an eye on the game tonight. I reckon it’s going to be an absolute belter! Here is hoping for a Melbourne win (and then for us to send the Magpies out in straight sets next week)!
Happy to play either.

Tonight's result either way is a 'win-win' for us (and this is tongue in cheek, as I am sure it should be a great game either way, and of course O.W.A.A.T). If Pies win, we can beat them in GF, if Dees win, we can bundle Pies out in straight sets 😉
Don't know who to go for!
But also don't care who wins.
Weird.

Last edited:
Don't know who to go for!
But also don't asre who wins.
Weird.
Personally, I'd like to see the Pies lose, lose. But they finished top for a reason and they, like other top 4 sides, won't be easy to get past. Of course, our task is simple - beat GWS Swans. In the end, other results really don't matter because if we win we'll have to face them one way or another.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I'd like to see the Pies lose, lose. But they finished top for a reason and they, like other top 4 sides, won't be easy to get past. Of course, our task is simple - beat GWS. In the end, other results really don't matter because if we win we'll have to face them one way or another.
You mean beat Swans?
Yep.
We must.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back