Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 1 - Elimination & Qualifying Finals 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus those umpires are over officiating, and everything is a Brisbane free.
Rubbish game, 100% chaos ball and everyone overrunning it.

10 minutes to go in a cut-throat final, port are 9 goals down, jhf takes a full minute to line up a goal because he has port's future in his hands (ok) then kicks it nowhere..........at least show a spark of ******* initiative........

to read the saints board you'd reckon they'd just moved into the grand final.......bit losey goozy mentality over there..........
Listening to RTB presser, for a guy who arrogantly knows the answers to every problem and knows exactly how the opposition is going to play, he somehow cant see that his style of footy is going no where and has been passed over many moons ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabba looked like a fortress today

But the Lions’ recent history in finals there gives some hope…

2022 Lions beat Tigers in an elimination final by just 2 points

2021 Lions lost to Bulldogs in a semi final by just 1 point

2020 Lions lost to Cats in a prelim by 40 points

2020 Lions beat Tigers in a qualifying final by 15 points

2019 Lions lost to Giants in a semi by 3 points

2019 Lions lost to Tigers in a qualifying final by 47 points

So until tonight’s win against Port their biggest winning margin at the Gabba had been 15 points and they had lost twice by 40+ points and had 3 games decided by less than a goal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

to read the saints board you'd reckon they'd just moved into the grand final.......bit losey goozy mentality over there..........
It’s a good read…they’re actually arguing with each other over whether it was raining or not 😂

It’s a good read…they’re actually arguing with each other over whether it was raining or not 😂
"Do you have that skin disease where you don’t feel water? It rained you bellend".

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

It’s ironic for me to see Zorko described as a dog of a person. Because I recently saw him in person (I live in Brisbane) heading into the dog pavilion at the Ekka (our Show) with his family.

Anyway, there isn’t much commentary in here about what last night’s win by the Lions means for our own prospects. One week at a time makes complete sense. But somehow the whole equation feels more daunting to me after the Lions’ victory.

It’s ironic for me to see Zorko described as a dog of a person. Because I recently saw him in person (I live in Brisbane) heading into the dog pavilion at the Ekka (our Show) with his family.

Anyway, there isn’t much commentary in here about what last night’s win by the Lions means for our own prospects. One week at a time makes complete sense. But somehow the whole equation feels more daunting to me after the Lions’ victory.

I wanted Port to win last night. A trip to Adelaide is hard as well but recency bias is we beat them by 10 goals. Brisbane in Brisbane just seems so daunting.

Correct me if I am wrong but we have never won at Adelaide Oval

I am not sure exactly. The first AFL game at Adelaide Oval was in 2011 so it’s a bit of an overrated stat.

Just checked, 0-7 at AO. I still wouldn’t read too much into it. Most of those would be when we weren’t good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back