Game Day Around the Grounds - Week 1 Elimination & Qualifying Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Some losers demand to stay lovesick over lost favourites. The same losers that seen to selectively forget Betts' inconsistencies.

Much of which can be explained by playing as a small forward under quality talls, as opposed to sitting under a couple of dozen hospital ball I50 entries each match.

It's pretty grouse the level he has taken his game to.

My fear is that GWS win against Sydney has just opened the door for Hawthorn.
They can beat up both Doggies and GWS and get to another GF while Sydney will probably battle Geelong in the prelim.
GWS have smashed Hawthorn two years in a row in Sydney. I'd think they're in for a very tough run now. Dogs won't be a pushover either.

Sorry, I know it sounds like sour grapes, but I just can't find one ounce of pleasure in watching Eddie playing tonight. It just makes wonder how much truth there was in the speculation that Eddie was all ready signed, sealed and delivered to the Crows the year before he left us, especially considering how he managed to kick only 22 goals from 16 H & A games in his last season with the Blues. I know we weren't as good the Crows are this year, but we were still competitive enough to win 11 games and a final against Richmond in 2013.

He was a RFA, we had the ability to match the offer and he would have stayed so the comments re him being signed are pure folly made up by Mick to both discredit the club CEO and make it seem like he had no choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These commentators! Slagging off Majak for taking a shot at goal and he nails it. Next, Thomas.

No idea BT and lingy

Gawd these commentators s**t me.

Lindsay Thomas "stages" and they reckon he should get the electric chair.

Cyril "stages" and one commentator says he was "unlucky not to get a free kick" while the others are getting an instant erection in the background.

Some losers demand to stay lovesick over lost favourites. The same losers that seen to selectively forget Betts' inconsistencies.

There a thread on the main board 'is Betts the best player in the comp'

Richo is a flog. Kept talking down Eddie kicking 70 goals in a season and how Matthews had done it 6 times in his career. He completely glossed over the fact that he himself had only kicked 70 or more in a season once - way, way back in 1996. Glad he never played in a flag and has a career finals record of 1 win and 2 losses.
From what I heard, he actually sounded quite impressed with Eddie kicking 70+ and how that put him in the company of Matthews...

I'm actually rapt for Ed, the season he's had, punctuated by yesterday's performance. They love him over there, and why not? Sure, so did we, but would he have ever reached this level of stardom had he stayed at Carlton? Hard to see it. At Carlton he was "just a small forward", albeit our best one. In Adelaide he's The Man.
Go Eddie! :thumbsu:
I remember experiencing what the Crows fans did last night on numerous occasions, think he reached a similar level at times but obviously is more complimented at the Crows because of the structure and talent he has around him.

He certainly wasn't in his last year at Carlton - which is rightly what his contract offer would have been based on.
Which meant we were completely outsmarted by Adelaide, who were clever enough to review his career as a whole and correctly decide that he was the best small forward in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back