"Goddess"
Friday, September 13

First semi-final
Geelong v West Coast at the MCG, 7.50pm AEST

Saturday, September 14

Second semi-final
Brisbane v Greater Western Sydney at the Gabba, 7.25pm AEST

DEFCON_Finals-Pathway_Week2_1024x576.jpg

One of the strangest weeks of the year each season for mine. If I were a gambler I think lots of money could be made on Semi Final weekend. It’s unique in that we are GUARANTEED to have teams that lost the previous week playing teams that won the previous week - doesn’t happen any other weekend. Doubling down on that, too, the teams coming in off the loss have proven over a 23 week season they’re the better team (top 4 vs 5-8). It means there’s always a tendency to overrate the lower teams chances on semi weekend - in this instance, Eagles and Giants.

By my rationale, don’t be shocked if at least one of Cats, Lions get up.

I want the strongest teams to win that are capable of whacking the Pies in the prelim or the Grand Final!

For mine Geelong can't make it to the granny as the Pies would wallop them! Richmond/GWS/West-Coast are all capable of beating the Pies.... so I'm going to have to say straight sets exits to Brisbane and Geelong.

Best thing to happen is Richmond having another weeks rest... they'll be hungry to avenge 2018 pre-lim in the Granny if Collingscum make it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there anything else they wanna bitch about? the time, the day, the place, the roof...........anything else? if they somehow managed to go all the way I can just imagine the "against all odds" rubbish we'd have to endure............vomit...........

is there anything else they wanna bitch about? the time, the day, the place, the roof...........anything else? if they somehow managed to go all the way I can just imagine the "against all odds" rubbish we'd have to endure............vomit...........

Scott was still mentioning it in his presser

Imagine having to appeal to your fans to come to a final! Bloody hell!

compare the amount of games they've played at the g compared to the interstate teams...........I'd be happy for further exposure on the big dancefloor.......

As unsavoury as Bomber Thompson and how his life has spiralled out of control since leaving Geelong, this amount of sooking and entitled whinging would never have happened during his tenure, couldn let imagine tough customers like Scarlett, Chapman or Enrighr complain about playing finals at the G, they just got on with the job.

Extremely poor leadership by Colin Carter and Chris Scott, which must have a treacle down effect on the psyche of the players (Don't recall Dangerfield being a whinger to the umpire when he played for Adelaide, for example)

Complains about playing Friday night saying it's too hard for supporters to get there, then says they should have played Thursday as the Eagles now have an extra day off???

Is it too late to complain about the Round 23 clash at Kardinia Park? I hope we don’t get fixtured at that venue ever again.

I had to endure rain, hail and and sleet (slight exaggeration) and see my team cop a hiding. Game would have been completely different at the G or Docklands.

I just have a feeling Geelong will find something this week.. for me, them and GWS.

Wouldn't have thought so with Duncan a confirmed out. They haven't got the class or depth to take on the most deep and talented team in the league (imho) in the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back