Competitions Arrowman's Upsetters

Who is your Preliminary Final selection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Some of you may have noticed a thread from arrowman the other week asking people to pick an upset.

Got me thinking that we should run this as a game. Simple premise, entertaining.

One thing that has always bugged me about our Goal Kicking and Lock competitions is that by their very nature, participation diminishes throughout. Being elimination contests and all.

Usually getting bundled out in the first round or two only adds to this feeling.

This one will allow ongoing participation.

Rules
Pick one upset each week via the poll (will create a new poll each week).

If your selected team gets up then you win their odds. Eg Gold Coast are paying $4.65 to beat Adelaide this week. If you pick them and they get up you get $4.65 added to your tally. If they lose you get zero.

Whoever has won the most by the time the preliminary finals have been played is the winner.

If you miss a week it doesn't matter. Just don't get any $$$ that week.

You can join any time, even if the competition has been running for a while.

You can change your selection right up until the first bounce of the first game.

I'll go by the Sportsbet odds on the Monday following the round. The odds may swing throughout the week but I'll stick to what's dished up on the Monday.

For even money games you can't pick either of the teams.

If your selection isn't in by the start of the Friday night game (or whatever is the first game of the round) then you can't select that round.

Joker Rule
As the game organiser I reserve the right to add in any further rules I feel necessary if there are things that pop up I didn't foresee.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
Got me. Another internal competition is great. I have one suggestion though, how about once you make your selection you cant change it. Some people will be influenced by seeing what others are tipping.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Got me. Another internal competition is great. I have one suggestion though, how about once you make your selection you cant change it. Some people will be influenced by seeing what others are tipping.
Might do that for finals so the leader can't just copy the guy following him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tally so far

$3.20 Bovo and BrissyCrow

$2.92 Milera2Betts

$0.00 kirky, crowmyzone, skam85, roo2macca, dude316, thebeedee, Squiba, BMartin 3Votes, BrettJames11, Dean1, GreyCrow and Drugs Are Bad Mackay?

Rest yet to play

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tally so far

$2.92 Milera2Betts

$0.00 kirky, crowmyzone, skam85, roo2macca, dude316, thebeedee, Squiba, BMartin 3Votes, BrettJames11, Dean1, GreyCrow, Drugs Are Bad Mackay?, deaneus, Don Muraco, AFC3000, BunjiMC, dogs105, smoooothy and hey shorty

Rest yet to play

Last edited:
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Leaderboard after Round 17

$2.92 Milera2Betts

$2.25 arrowman, jenny61_99, SydCrow, Pea Nut, snooplions, Scorpus, CrowinNT, AmericanCrow

$0.00 kirky, crowmyzone, skam85, roo2macca, dude316, thebeedee, Squiba, BMartin 3Votes, BrettJames11, Dean1, GreyCrow, Drugs Are Bad Mackay?, deaneus, Don Muraco, AFC3000, BunjiMC, dogs105, smoooothy and hey shorty

11 punters are on the board.

19 of us aren't...

Remember new tipsters can start at any time. You've already caught more than half the field.

Back