Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a nothing quote really, the kind of fluff comment someone at that level says just to try and make it sound like they know what they’re talking about.

At the same time, it’s a poor reflection on the decision making of the club at Board and ownership level. At the moment, you’ve got 3 guys (Vinai, Edu, Arteta) running the club.

They’re all similar in age but more importantly, all three of them are performing their respective role for the first ever time. Meaning, none of them really have the experience necessary to deliver immediately in their position, they’re all learning on the job. Sure, that’s fine in certain circumstances.

But to have all 3 of them, the leaders of club, simultaneously figuring it out as they go on, is completely ridiculous for an institution of the size and scale at Arsenal. Their lack of experience is absolutely telling in many key situations that could have, and should have, been handled better by an accomplished leader with a track record of delivery under their belt.

Arsenal are paying for it now.

When Arsenal are down trust there to come out all kinds of rumors and reports to rile up the masses.

The changes Arteta makes this week for Southampton will say a lot. Pepe has finished his suspension, he has to get a look in over Willian on the right, surely. Xhaka is suspended so he needs to be replaced (Thank God), probably will be Ceballos, but I would love if he gave AMN a look in, in the middle. Then you have the RB spot, AMN can easily slot in there as well if he doesn't play in the midfield. However, it will be Cedric.

Honestly, Lacazette and Aubameyang should also be riding the bench for this Southampton game, but I don't see those 2 being moved to the pine.

When Arsenal are down trust there to come out all kinds of rumors and reports to rile up the masses.

The changes Arteta makes this week for Southampton will say a lot. Pepe has finished his suspension, he has to get a look in over Willian on the right, surely. Xhaka is suspended so he needs to be replaced (Thank God), probably will be Ceballos, but I would love if he gave AMN a look in, in the middle. Then you have the RB spot, AMN can easily slot in there as well if he doesn't play in the midfield. However, it will be Cedric.

Honestly, Lacazette and Aubameyang should also be riding the bench for this Southampton game, but I don't see those 2 being moved to the pine.
Just looking at this Arsenal squad and it's just really average. I didnt even notice how it got to this point. Just seemingly all of a sudden, it's a bog average squad.

Pepe has finished his suspension, he has to get a look in over Willian on the right, surely.
Yeah if it was up to me I'd take the punt on hoping Pepe comes good by giving him a long run of games, over playing Willian.

Also where is Martinelli at?

Just looking at this Arsenal squad and it's just really average. I didnt even notice how it got to this point. Just seemingly all of a sudden, it's a bog average squad.
Yeah, that is the crux of it, a lot of average players that had a decent patch at the end of last year to lift a cup in a compromised season.

I think you will see Arsenal try to move a lot of people on in the next 2 windows.

-Mustafi
-Sokratis
-Ozil
-Luiz

Those guys are OOC in the summer and will all be moved on you would think.

-Ceballos

His loan is done, so he will go back to Real Madrid.

-Kolasinac
-Xhaka

I think these 2 probably are looked to be moved on ASAP as well. Kola was close to heading to Leverkusen and Xhaka was pretty much off to Berlin before Arteta talked him down.

If we moved on those 7 then you can start playing a lot more youth can get a chance, and we can bring in some decent players on decent wages. Though, that is in an absolute raffle at the moment with our lack of a scouting network.

Yeah if it was up to me I'd take the punt on hoping Pepe comes good by giving him a long run of games, over playing Willian.

Also where is Martinelli at?

Returning from injury, played 45mins in the U23's last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, that is the crux of it, a lot of average players that had a decent patch at the end of last year to lift a cup in a compromised season.

I think you will see Arsenal try to move a lot of people on in the next 2 windows.

-Mustafi
-Sokratis
-Ozil
-Luiz

Those guys are OOC in the summer and will all be moved on you would think.

-Ceballos

His loan is done, so he will go back to Real Madrid.

-Kolasinac
-Xhaka

I think these 2 probably are looked to be moved on ASAP as well. Kola was close to heading to Leverkusen and Xhaka was pretty much off to Berlin before Arteta talked him down.

If we moved on those 7 then you can start playing a lot more youth can get a chance, and we can bring in some decent players on decent wages. Though, that is in an absolute raffle at the moment with our lack of a scouting network.

Returning from injury, played 45mins in the U23's last week.
Yeah it's just super average everywhere you look. Partey must be wondering what he has gotten himself into. I forgot El Neny even existed and I just dont understand how he is even getting games at a club like Arsenal. Recruiting Willian was a terrible idea. It seemed like everybody knew that except for Arsenal, he has been bang average, bordering on poor for Chelsea for a good few years now and they were happy to get rid of him.

I'm not trolling but I honestly couldnt see one player from Arsenal getting into my team. Not even on the bench. Auba wouldnt even make the bench right now. I'd have Jota as the forward off the bench behind our usual front three. Maybe.... maybe Gabriel on the bench in front of Gomez as a CB option.

I also feel a lot of your youth prospects arent setting the world on fire, maybe that's a coaching thing because a while ago I thought a lot of them looked really good. Saka, Willock, Martinelli, AMN, Nketiah but none have really pushed on. It's unfair on those guys as you shouldnt be relying on them, all your senior players are letting the team down massively.

I remember the old Arsenal squads who were just choc full of world class players and looking at the squad now, it's just uninspiring to say the least. It needs MASSIVE turnover and it's gonna cost a lot of money to get it right as I dont even think the framework is there to work around, it's poor almost everywhere.

Yeah it's just super average everywhere you look. Partey must be wondering what he has gotten himself into. I forgot El Neny even existed and I just dont understand how he is even getting games at a club like Arsenal. Recruiting Willian was a terrible idea. It seemed like everybody knew that except for Arsenal, he has been bang average, bordering on poor for Chelsea for a good few years now and they were happy to get rid of him.

I'm not trolling but I honestly couldnt see one player from Arsenal getting into my team. Not even on the bench. Auba wouldnt even make the bench right now. I'd have Jota as the forward off the bench behind our usual front three. Maybe.... maybe Gabriel on the bench in front of Gomez as a CB option.

I also feel a lot of your youth prospects arent setting the world on fire, maybe that's a coaching thing because a while ago I thought a lot of them looked really good. Saka, Willock, Martinelli, AMN, Nketiah but none have really pushed on. It's unfair on those guys as you shouldnt be relying on them, all your senior players are letting the team down massively.

I remember the old Arsenal squads who were just choc full of world class players and looking at the squad now, it's just uninspiring to say the least. It needs MASSIVE turnover and it's gonna cost a lot of money to get it right as I dont even think the framework is there to work around, it's poor almost everywhere.
Yeah you don’t watch enough. Saka has definitely been very good. Martinelli has been injured and was fantastic last season.

Yeah you don’t watch enough. Saka has definitely been very good. Martinelli has been injured and was fantastic last season.
Jod’s first remark told me he doesn’t watch enough.
Not really all of a sudden imo but more a slow decline over 5+ seasons masked by cup victories papering cracks.

Not really all of a sudden imo but more a slow decline over 5+ seasons masked by cup victories papering cracks.
Are we shocked

I've watched quite a bit of Arsenal actually. I'm aware Martinelli has been out and I'll disagree on Saka. He's been alright but not very good. There is way too much pressure on him, it's like a lot of the players look to him to do something, to turn a match, when he's just not there yet.

Nobody at Arsenal has been very good this season.

We've all seen the slow decline but this season it's like the straw that broke the camels back. Arsenal have previously still done enough to succeed. Winning FA Cups and still finishing top 6 etc.

Now it's all unravelling.

I've watched quite a bit of Arsenal actually. I'm aware Martinelli has been out and I'll disagree on Saka. He's been alright but not very good. There is way too much pressure on him, it's like a lot of the players look to him to do something, to turn a match, when he's just not there yet.

Nobody at Arsenal has been very good this season.
So why include Martinelli and say he has been one of the young guys who hasn’t pushed on? Saka has been called up to England too.

You literally s**t on any team that isn’t Liverpool and overrate your side like they are gods. It just makes your opinion worth very little. Even the spurs fans are objective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back